Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know how to stop dog wee killing the lawn??

(13 Posts)
DizzyDummy Fri 08-Jul-11 00:19:23

I have tried the dog rocks and despite costing an arm and a leg, judging by the state of my lawn, my dogs still appear to be peeing sulphuric acid angry. Any tips would be gratefully received!

MotherJack Fri 08-Jul-11 00:22:08

I take it you have a bitch? <peers out on to yellow expanse where lawn used to be> You might be looking to a training solution - get her to pee in one area where there is no grass?

DizzyDummy Fri 08-Jul-11 00:47:45

Hi MotherJack, 1 of them is a bitch but the other 2 are boys and they also kill the grass, I have been taking them to a scruffy patch to wee but they also wee on the lawn when I'm not looking. Is it abnormal for boys wee to kill the grass then?

ditavonteesed Fri 08-Jul-11 07:44:47

I heard, although dont know how true it is, that feeding a dog tomsatoes stops there wee killing the lawn, havent tried it though as not sure if you are supposed to feed a dog tomatoes.

vjg13 Fri 08-Jul-11 12:07:28

Hose it down!

MotherJack Fri 08-Jul-11 13:28:01

Oldboy's used to kill the grass too, Dizzy, but just not quite so much. If you have two of them and a bitch then I suspect your best option is astroturf wink

RoundOrangeHead Fri 08-Jul-11 13:29:05

shotgun?

RoundOrangeHead Fri 08-Jul-11 13:29:30

sorry for the dog obviously

DizzyDummy Fri 08-Jul-11 16:20:30

obviously confused

Tchootnika Fri 08-Jul-11 17:38:13

I've never tried this (and I'd be very coutious about it), but I've heard that some people put a small amount of tomato puree in dog's food, which apparently makes dog thirsty, therefore pee is diluted, therefore less harm to grass.
I'm not sure that I'd feel 100% comfortable about doing this, but has anyone tried this, or have any other thoughts?

isabellaevans Mon 20-May-13 09:31:46

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Jaulde Mon 20-May-13 09:57:42

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

OliveCooper Tue 21-May-13 09:44:48

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now