Talk

Advanced search

put it on a lead it's a F******* terrier

(17 Posts)
ditavonteesed Thu 07-Jul-11 16:52:27

muttered under breath at me just now as I was doing some recall work, ie letting cherry see something really interesting and then calling her back to me. wish I had the guts to say something to people, so what would have been a witty yet cutting come back to that.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 07-Jul-11 16:55:45

How about "fuck off and mind your own business, arsehole"?

BeerTricksPotter Thu 07-Jul-11 16:56:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 07-Jul-11 16:57:32

Or a "A Terrier? Are you sure? The rescue told me it was a Rottweiler" grin

ditavonteesed Thu 07-Jul-11 17:01:23

I like, dont know why it really wound me up, think it's the passive aggresive muttering under breath but loud enough to hear, mind you better than out right aggressiveness.

BeerTricksPotter Thu 07-Jul-11 17:04:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 07-Jul-11 17:04:17

How about a nice, cheery "Oh no, she's not a Fucking Terrier, she is a Fox Terrier."

WoodRose Thu 07-Jul-11 17:56:11

Ok, I admit I am completely ignorant about terriers. Is there any particular reason why a terrier has to be on a lead? Most of the terriers around here are off-lead and perfectly well behaved. What's the problem with terriers?confused

DooinMeCleanin Thu 07-Jul-11 17:58:33

Terriers are hunters and natural chasers, but there is no reason why a terrier cannot be trained to recall well.

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 07-Jul-11 18:01:12

"A terrier? How dare you call my minature noodledoodlecockerspoodlepoo a terrier!"

MarknadNutidaPlats Thu 07-Jul-11 18:04:16

*DooinMeCleaninThu 07-Jul-11 16:57:32

Or a "A Terrier? Are you sure? The rescue told me it was a Rottweiler"*

Love it smile

DooinMeCleanin Thu 07-Jul-11 18:06:52

I have to be carefull where I let my terrier off as he has a very high prey drive. If he spots something small and furry to chase, he's off. No amount of me calling him, waving treats or throwing his ball will get him back because he cannot see or hear me, his focus is 100% on what he is chasing.

I have to keep his focus on me at all times when he is off lead and only let him off in wide, open spaces where I can see what's coming from all sides. If I let him off in the woods for example, I'd never see him again. I suppose he would eventually return, probably with a few dead rabbits and wood pigeons for me hmm

It doesn't mean I am not trying to retrain this. He is allowed off leash, we do train. He will get it, eventually I hope

ditavonteesed Thu 07-Jul-11 18:24:47

think the muttering was aimed at my repeatedly calling her back then letting her go again, obviously thought i was calling her from something. her recall is good unless there is another dog in the vacinitiy (or the lady who gives all the dogs loads of treats), I even managed to call her off a squirrel she caught last week before she hurt it.
dooin worth thinking about if you are ever struggling to put food on the table.
from this day forth cherry shall be known as a cross between a noodledoodlecockerspoodlepoo and a Rottweiler, very rare you know. grin

ditavonteesed Thu 07-Jul-11 18:26:47

which is obviously called a rotnoodledoodlecockerspoodlepooweiler

PersonalClown Thu 07-Jul-11 18:31:16

DooinMeCleanin- I'm going to steal the Rottweiler bit for the next time someone tells me that I'm evil for having a Staffy in the same house as a child!

Scare the tossers even more!!grin

3cutedarlings Thu 07-Jul-11 21:38:01

How's about! yeah well done sherlock, she is indeed a terrier!! not a fucking LION!!! grin!

although i have to say, dooinmecleanin's line made me spit coffee at the screen grin

QuietTiger Sun 10-Jul-11 15:36:47

How about "It doesn't look like it's "fucking" to me, it looks like it's practicing recall!"

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now