Talk

Advanced search

How can I find an owner just by knowing the dog's name- ideas please!

(12 Posts)
jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:38:42

As thread title- I need to track down a dog owner, but I only know the name and type of their dog! Inspiration please!

catinthehat2 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:44:20

ask dog walking fraternity, stop one and ask, there is a huge network...

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:46:03

I've stopped about 15 so far! As they all seem to know the names of each others dogs! I will keep going with that then...eventually someone must know!

lisad123 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:47:30

why do you need to know? grin

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 12:51:51

She, along with 4 others, were present when my property was damaged. It's looking pretty likely she was one of the ones responsible, hence why she has been reported to me. I want to scare her into not doing anything so bloody stupid again and also to get an apology and ideally compensation...

DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 12:54:41

You want to scare someone who is a thuggish vandal and will have a dog with them? I can see that will end well for you hmm

I'd advise going to the police instead, let them trace her. Most dog walkers know the names of other regular walkers dogs, but not neccessarily the name of the owners. I met a lovely a whippet called Charlie today. I haven't a clue who the man with him is.

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 13:00:00

Thing is, I don't think she is a thuggish vandal. I think they got pissed and didnt think about consequences, so I'd quite like to bring those consequences home to them. I have logged the incident with the police- but I doubt they have hours to play detective! Yes, I've been asking dog walkers, totally agress about the knowing other dog names thing! Just need to ask the right person...

DogsBestFriend Tue 05-Jul-11 13:57:49

Local pet shop? Newsagent?

Former schoolfriends who are still in touch with her if she went to a local school?

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 14:02:15

Ah thanks, I'll try the pet shop! schoolfriends is tricky as don't know exact age...

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 15:59:58

Oh hell yeah!!!! The joys of facebook! I've found them, plus dated photo evidence of them actually doing the crime!!!!!

lionheart Tue 05-Jul-11 16:08:26

You mean they posted it on FB?!!

jade80 Tue 05-Jul-11 19:54:47

Yes, complete with photo tagged with all their names! Idiots!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now