Talk

Advanced search

I'm going to endomondo my dog walk today

(10 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 10:06:23

grin

It's a funky app thingy DH showed me. It uses sattelites to track your phone and monitor how far and how fast you are walking. It can also tell you how many cakes you can eat after your walk calories you burnt.

It's on FB if anyone is interested. If you have me on facebook, the parts where I go from strolling to sprinting will be where I am chasing errant sighthounds hmm grin

DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 12:00:26

Oooh this is fun. Sighthound 1 (the grey) walked 1.57 miles in 37 minutes.
Whippy walked 1.82 miles in 39 minutes.

Devil dog and I did both walks and walked 3.39 miles in 1hr16 minutes. Our average speed was 2.6 mph. It was probably a bit faster than that, it doesn't take into account stopping-to-eat-wild-grass-breaks. We burnt 328 kcals. That must be at least 1 cake right? grin

DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 12:09:32

Oh no, my friend went running and did better than me envy. I must take the bike out later. I will make dd2 come with me and we will ride round in circles, as she cannot actually ride her bike yet.

this will not end well I fear

Ormirian Tue 05-Jul-11 12:12:57

Ooh! Did you friend run with her dog? I am thinking about this. Not yet as Harley is too young as yet. But I am worried about getting tied up in the lead and going arse over tit hmm

DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 12:16:15

I don't know. I think her mum stole her dog hmm. I run with Devil Dog sometimes. I use his halti mutli way lead on the handsfree option, he stays at the side of me slightly in front.

There is a whole site about running with your dog. Cani-X I think it is, you buy the proper running harnesses and things.

It's good for toning your abs too because the point is the dog pulls, so you use your core muscles to prevent yourself being pulled too fast and falling over grin

Spamspamspam Tue 05-Jul-11 13:37:41

Ooh! I have just done the same....I reckon I am going to be sorely disappointed when I realise that my little walks with the pup only burn about 40 calories!

misschenko Tue 05-Jul-11 14:36:34

I've got the Walkmeter app which sounds about the same and I love it. It gives a stopped time for the walk as well as walk/run time, was very surprised to find after an 80 minute dog walk that I'd only been moving for 45 mins, all the chats with other dog walkers really adds up. Although when I stopped dog was mostly being hugely energetic with other dogs. It shows where you've been on a map, useful if you get lost. Also gives average walking pace and and fastest pace so I usually have a very brief sprint to see how fast I can go flat out.

KeepErLit Tue 05-Jul-11 17:19:05

Saw this earlier and downloaded the app. Measured my walk to and from hospital to visit friend and it was 300 calories burned! Can't wait to measure the dog walk later and cycle to work in the morning!

Jeezus...I need to get out more. And not just so I can use my new app grin

Thanks for the recommendation!

Tortoise Tue 05-Jul-11 17:24:43

I use it for cycling. Love looking at the map too as I can show dc the route!

DooinMeCleanin Tue 05-Jul-11 17:40:29

I like the map too. I've just done the second dog run. It was short one because I am ging out tonight.

2.75 miles in just over an hour. I had the dc with for half of it, hence the slowness and I had to stop to talk to a group pf hoodies who were asking about Whippy and rabbiting. Whippy is scared of rabbits. They were not impressed grin

That is just over 6 miles and I still have a wii fit party to attend tonight [proud]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now