Talk

Advanced search

Excited, puppy has discovered swimming!!

(4 Posts)
herladyship Mon 04-Jul-11 20:26:43

Ok, so it may not be that suprising, but our 6 month old working cocker x springer has gone swimming mad smile

He has always been interested in the water, but not confident enough to go further than paddling. Last two evenings he has been in the lakes where we live, swimming confidently including retrieving a water toy perfectly!!

We are so pleased, as we have an older terrier who hates the water & the dc's are always jealous of friends dogs swimming, so their main wish with new doggie was that he would swim!

dd had asked if we can get him a 25m badge to sew on his towel.. Of course I said no even though I was tempted

Spamspamspam Tue 05-Jul-11 13:33:09

Aww that's brilliant! I have introduced my pup to a lake and it looked like she was about to go in but something else distracted her so she didn't quite get in. Will definately try her again soon, it sounds like so much fun for them!

GrimmaTheNome Tue 05-Jul-11 13:37:05

I love watching other people's dogs swimming but I'm quite glad ours doesn't care for it. Though being a dachshund he ends up swimming often enough when we're fording streams dryshod in boots! grin

sununu Tue 05-Jul-11 17:51:14

I was walking along the canal in East London recently and heard a splash, looked up to see a little Jack Russell having taken a flying leap in, he then took a line straight up the middle while his owner walked along the towpath - he was still going strong when they disappeared round the bend out of sight. Looked like a regular thing for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now