Talk

Advanced search

Strange night time behaviour

(5 Posts)
iMemoo Wed 29-Jun-11 12:12:35

We've had Flora for 2 1/2 years now. We got her from a rescue centre when she was 7 months. She is a lab x.

When we first got her she was really anxious, couldn't leave her alone for 5 minutes. Getting her to sleep down stairs in her bed all night took months of training but we got there in the end.

Now she is a happy, healthy 3yo and we have no problems with her at all. She sleeps downstairs in her bed all night without any trouble.

But the last few nights have been weird. Both nights she has krept upstairs in the early hours and woke us by licking our faces. She is trained not to lick people and isn't allowed upstairs so for her to come up and do that she must have really wanted to wake us up. She then paces around the house like something has upset her. We let her out in case she needed a wee but nothing.

I'm just so puzzled by her behaviour. She has been fine in the day and is not showing any signs of upset etc. I'm stumped, any ideas?

Elibean Wed 29-Jun-11 13:23:50

Could it have been something to do with the heat? Or possibly she has some sort of early-morning pain (like heartburn in humans?!?)?

Just wildly guessing for you here, and bumping for the experienced crew smile

DooinMeCleanin Wed 29-Jun-11 14:27:53

How odd. The whippy one, who we have never, ever had any trouble with woke us up howling at 5am the other morning. I guess maybe the heat? Dh let her sleep with us the big numpty

Scuttlebutter Wed 29-Jun-11 15:05:12

Our three have been very restless at night during the recent hot spell - I don't think they like the combination of heat and humidity. Even the one who normally never goes out at night has been wanting to at 2 am for the past two nights and the other two have been pacing, dragging duvets, huffing, and generally being a pain in the proverbial... grin

It's a lot cooler today and less humid so I'm hopeful of a better night.

iMemoo Wed 29-Jun-11 15:05:37

I guess it could be the heat, its just so unlike her, although the lab in her means she is prone to occasional bouts of monkey business! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now