Talk

Advanced search

I am a sucker for a cute face...

(6 Posts)
shivster1980 Mon 27-Jun-11 20:51:04

...and boy does my new pup have a sweet face! Pic on profile.

He came home today.

Bobby is a lab X mini daschund bred accidently.

His breeder is a kennel club accredited lab breeder who was very surprised to discover her bitch was expecting when she had spent her time keeping her KC registered pedigree lab dogs away from her whilst she was in season... She didn't even consider that her mini daschund was up for the job!

He has been a joy so far. Easy in the car, toileted outside fine today although a little stubborn about how and where (no lead and on grass)!

Bizarrely I have had experience of this accidental mating before - 15 years ago my family fostered a rescue li tter. smile

Just wanted to share his cuteness

clam Mon 27-Jun-11 21:13:15

Ah!!! Sweet.
Enjoy him.

ThunderboltKid Tue 28-Jun-11 08:31:25

He's so cute! Looks just like someone has put a lab head on a daschund!

shivster1980 Tue 28-Jun-11 12:36:07

Yep! That's exactly him. DH carried him up to school last night to meet DS and everyone asked if he was a lab puppy. You can't see he is Daxie at all (well maybe the elongated ears) until you put him on the ground.

We have got through the first night and not had too many toileting errors so it's all good today. smile

DuffyMoon Tue 28-Jun-11 12:56:22

goodness...the ..err..mechanics of it must have been quite mind boggling...intrepid daschund dad smile he is very cute

shivster1980 Tue 28-Jun-11 20:32:16

We met the Dad (who is called Ronnie Biggs?!?!? the mind boggles) he is teeny tiny and the Mum Flora who is a gorgeous gentle but generous sized lab. She lay down we suspect, although Ronnie may have found a stepladder!! shock wink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: