Talk

Advanced search

Dog being very needy!

(6 Posts)
Grumpystiltskin Mon 27-Jun-11 20:33:01

We have a 10month old Weimaraner pup. He is lovely and very well behaved, however, my husband is away at present and the dog is trying to take his place. He will not leave my side and barks at everything (I mean everything). It's very reassuring to know he's looking after me but I don't know if I can put up with it for a week! Will he settle down? He's walked/run twice a day for an hour each time and has plenty of time outside in the garden (about 2 acres where he runs around like a loon) with me.

Madsometimes Tue 28-Jun-11 11:48:43

My dog prefers it when we are all at home, especially in the evening. I don't think that this is unusual. envy at your two acre garden!

Grumpystiltskin Tue 28-Jun-11 17:01:44

Oh it's lovely but part of it is more like a field. Our house is very small though so that's our compromise! He didn't even sleep in his bed last night, preferring to camp outside our bedroom leaning on the door.... Thanks, glad it's not just me.

2T2T Tue 28-Jun-11 17:50:25

Grumpy - he does sound adorable though - bless him!

Grumpystiltskin Tue 28-Jun-11 19:44:34

He's ace. In fact I'm in the kitchen and he is leaning on me right now!!

2T2T Tue 28-Jun-11 20:14:57

grin. he sounds incredibly loyal - and he doesn't even care if your mascara has smudged and you are in your PJ's and wellies either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now