Talk

Advanced search

Its time to find a new one...

(12 Posts)
iMum Sat 25-Jun-11 19:51:17

We lost our beloved Brian in April, the time seems right now-approaching the summer hols to find a new four legged friend to love.

I dont know where to start-Brain was a 2 year old rescue that we got from a breeder-was all very dodgy, no home visit, no interest whatso ever-we went to her looking for a pup, I say Brian and couldnt leave him behind-poor boy totaly overweight, collar so tight it was cutting him, fur matted-a terrible state.

So I know I want another Golden retriever or goldie cross but where to start!

DooinMeCleanin Sat 25-Jun-11 20:32:34

try here

DogsBestFriend Sat 25-Jun-11 21:31:41

What county are you in? We can probably suggest some rescues between us. smile

iMum Sat 25-Jun-11 22:28:41

I'm in the uk-Essex-and thankyou x

LordOfTheFlies Sat 25-Jun-11 23:22:56

iMum i love the way your dogs name changes from Brian to Brain in the second sentence.
Freudian Slip or wishful thinking? grin

iMum Sun 26-Jun-11 08:56:06

lol, I hadnt even noticed! poor Brian!

ditavonteesed Sun 26-Jun-11 09:16:47

Imum as someone experienced with goldies could you have a look at the next thread up and see if you have any advice for solo2? smile

emptyshell Sun 26-Jun-11 10:55:47

My dog was a stray and the rescue staff had named him Brian when he was brought in. Trouble was none of them could spell so the poor bugger was called Brain on all his documents (and their website - public humiliation or what)!

Considering he's got an IQ about on a par with a lettuce - it was a very inappropriate typo as well!

chickchickchicken Sun 26-Jun-11 19:00:22

<waves to emptyshell> lovely to see you grin

chickchickchicken Sun 26-Jun-11 19:34:03

sorry OP, got carried away with seeing emptyshell and didnt reply to you. the rescue dooin linked to looks like a good starting point. you could also contact the independent rescues and see if they have any suitable dogs. whereabouts are you?

MothershipG Mon 27-Jun-11 13:27:25

Many Tears has some Retriever x Setter pups (about half way down the page) if you are prepared to take on a pup. Don't know where you are but they are being fostered in Berks.

chickchickchicken Mon 27-Jun-11 19:21:38

sad clicked on the many tears link. i should know better sad

a lovely 4yr old jrt called Story who is desperate for a home. would love to have her. i am shocked and saddened by how many puppies they have at the moment. most of them rescued from the pound, about to be killed, before even reaching adulthood

the retriever x pups look lovely too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now