Talk

Advanced search

dog farts all the time and it stinks

(12 Posts)
pramsgalore4 Thu 23-Jun-11 13:12:58

our cav is 4 years old and he farts all the time, he just stinks, its not the odd one it is all the time, what can i do the house stinks!!! sad he eats and always has wet dog food ( tesco trays ) and does not eat human food apart from what he steals off the kids.

fruitshootsandheaves Thu 23-Jun-11 13:18:40

The only thing I can suggest is to change his food. If he likes tinned food have you tried Chappie?

pramsgalore4 Thu 23-Jun-11 15:54:11

i will try chappie, he wont eat dry food ( would rather starve ) (confused)

LordOfTheFlies Thu 23-Jun-11 18:34:41

My mum and dad had a retired guidedog (yellow lab) and Chappie used to give her the runs. They were told by the GDA not to give her Chappie or Pedigree Chum.

She used to fart but that's why dogs have tails hmm

Charcoal biscuits.?
Cork? grin

pramsgalore4 Thu 23-Jun-11 19:49:05

cork sounds the best option but he might explode grin where would i get charcoal biscuits from

faintpositive Thu 23-Jun-11 19:50:54

smilegrin
ahhh this has made me laff.

Thanks, i needed a good laff smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 23-Jun-11 20:16:26

charcoal biscuits from any petshop (its the black biscuits)

But personally I would change his food. If he will only eat wet food then use something decent, Nature Diet or fish 4 dogs. A lot of supermarket wet food is full of sulphates which make dogs fart, and it stinks.

hope that helps OP. grin

QueenOfFeckingEverything Thu 23-Jun-11 20:25:37

Wet food always makes our dog fart.

He gets dry biscuits now, with warm water over them (he is old and can't be arsed to crunch for long these days) and the odd egg or bit of fresh meat/fish.

pramsgalore4 Thu 23-Jun-11 20:29:06

will try anything its really bad even with the windows open he stinks the house out and i have someone comming round next week blush

higgle Fri 24-Jun-11 10:15:00

Mine usually waits until he is cuddled up next to me on the sofa before he lets rip!

SoloIsAHotCougar Fri 24-Jun-11 10:18:15

Charcoal supplements. Work on Humans too.

Scuttlebutter Fri 24-Jun-11 13:31:56

We have three greyhounds. Moving over to a raw/home cooked diet with no kibble has helped a lot, but has not removed the problem.

Instead, they craftily wait until we have visitors. Usually, the malevolence of the smell is in direct proportion to the importance/formality of the guest, so fellow dog rescuer arrives, very little smell. ILs arrive, and it's chemical warfare. Sigh. Their other speciality is waiting until we are giving someone a lift and then letting off a fusillade. It's bad enough that the interior of the car is usually covered with dog hair, muzzles, fleeces, poo bags and assorted other paraphernalia, but the smell is usually the last straw. As a kind of forlorn defence, there is one of those little Yankee Candle fragrance gel things hanging up in the back - it's like trying to stop a tank with a water pistol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now