Talk

Advanced search

harness made Toby scabby...

(6 Posts)
soakingfromtheschoolrun Wed 22-Jun-11 12:35:17

Looking for some advice. Toby is about a year old (rescue dog) and is a lab x staffy, and very strong. was never walked much before he came here and has no manners on lead, have been doing obedience classes but when we step out the door, he leaves his manners behind.

He is uncontrolable on just a coller and leash, bought a mikki no pull harness and it was graet but it rubbed all his hair off wherever it touchd him, so he had a harness shapped bold patch! we then got a pets at home no pull with really padded straps, which was graet.....untill last night i noticed under his legs are all scabby.

I went to a local pet shop this morning who insisted the mikki is great, and wouldnt understand it made him totally bold. in the end she gave me a halti and sent me on my way. The halti is too big and when i tried walking him about he wouldn't stand up, so looks like i will be returning it.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Lizcat Wed 22-Jun-11 13:32:22

It is normal for these kind of harnesses if they are worn for a long period to rub the hair away.

soakingfromtheschoolrun Wed 22-Jun-11 13:40:07

All the way round his body? If it was just under his legs I would understand but it was all over?

wildfig Wed 22-Jun-11 13:59:59

I've got one of these - Ferplast harness - for my tank engine Basset hound. It's padded and adjustable and doesn't rub. He only wears it for walks, but he never minds putting it on.

BeerTricksPotter Wed 22-Jun-11 14:14:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fruitshootsandheaves Wed 22-Jun-11 15:29:32

I got mine from here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now