Talk

Advanced search

my 2 year old cockapoo was spayed on tuesday

(11 Posts)
mumsiepie Fri 17-Jun-11 22:50:30

and she is only eating a little chicken and only drinking really small amounts. I am not worrying too much about that but she is still weak and as she is lying next to me now she is panting all the time....has been for hours now. I am right to worry about this?

FunnysInTheGarden Fri 17-Jun-11 22:51:14

what on earth is a cockapoo?

veritythebrave Fri 17-Jun-11 22:58:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FunnysInTheGarden Fri 17-Jun-11 22:59:06

oh, I see, but can't actually visualise it!

mumsiepie Fri 17-Jun-11 23:01:13

yes cocker spaniel and poodle

her wound is looking good but tbh she is not brilliant. her breathing is so rapid and she has been very jumpy this evening

mumsiepie Fri 17-Jun-11 23:03:19

she is gorgeous and has all the good characteristics of both! i will take her out for a wee and see how she is.

chickchickchicken Fri 17-Jun-11 23:09:27

i would ring the vets now as her breathing is rapid and she is panting

Scuttlebutter Fri 17-Jun-11 23:18:26

Another one to recommend ringing the vet. Panting/rapid breathing is usually a sign of distress/discomfort/pain. I'd be concerned about this. Did the vets give you any pain relief to give to her following the op?

chickchickchicken Sat 18-Jun-11 00:00:45

OP - have you rung vets? how is dog now?

Jaynerae Sat 18-Jun-11 00:24:24

My CKCS had problems after neutering, he started pantinhbreally heavily, I was worried so took him to emergency vets, vet said he was in serious pain and panting was his way of dealing with it. Vets he was neutered at put wrong size buster collar on and he licked sac, literally licked so much took top layer of skin off.

Emergency vet kept him in overnight with strong pain killers.
Not trying to frighten you, but do take your dog to vets to be checked.

clam Sat 18-Jun-11 09:56:59

funny "oh, I see, but can't actually visualise it!"

Think cute, and you've got it! Or look at the pics on my profile!

mumsiepie How is she now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now