Talk

Advanced search

What to say to someone who feeds your puppy a Greggs' sausage roll?

(13 Posts)
Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 19:46:38

He was off lead and a workman just gave him half of his sausage roll. I was too far away to object while he was doing it, and didn't approach him after as I thought i might just get abuse. Pup is only 12 weeks and was sick later that day. He also went round town thinking that everyone with a Greggs' bag was going to feed him...

I suppose it wouldn't have happened if he'd been on lead, but he needs to have some freedom.

What would you have done? Or am I being too precious?

Eddieshead Thu 16-Jun-11 19:48:04

Well if he was off his lead and you were too far away to say anything I think its just tough luck to be honest. A sausage roll isnt going to kill him is it?

Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 19:50:08

I know, at least it wasn't a froot shoot, I suppose grin

midori1999 Thu 16-Jun-11 19:51:10

I doubt the sausage roll made him sick, my dogs have eaten all sorts on walks, including bits of dead crabs and mummified looking rabbit legs etc and not been sick.

In future, recall him from people before he can approach them, that way they won't get the opportunity to feed him.

NormanTebbit Thu 16-Jun-11 19:51:57

What a waste of a Greggs sausage roll

Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 19:53:49

Yes, I was distracted by another dog owner so was not quick enough. His recall is improving every day.

minimu1 Thu 16-Jun-11 20:01:40

I would ask the workman for my bit of sausage roll - to show I am a true mnetter

Scuttlebutter Thu 16-Jun-11 20:17:20

Sorry, is it just me who giggled at seeing this thread title? How about if it was an organic, free range sausage roll made with wholemeal pastry? grin

BluddyMoFo Thu 16-Jun-11 20:20:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 20:27:39

I'm only stirring, really. If it had been an organic liver treat and he'd made him sit first I'd have been over the moongrin

BluddyMoFo Thu 16-Jun-11 20:40:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorzselMummage Thu 16-Jun-11 20:42:05

PF P ?

Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 20:48:33

Definitely precious first pup, worzel

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: