Talk

Advanced search

So how wet did we all get this morning ?

(20 Posts)
Avantia Thu 16-Jun-11 11:11:23

Had to dig out waterproof leggings, wellies , hat etc etc . But had a lovely walk - very quiet funnily enough .

Got wet but drying off now just before we head off to dog training class.

Absolutely chucking it down in Surrey .

misdee Thu 16-Jun-11 11:14:55

Not too bad. Just a shower when I was out. It poured down once we got back.

DooinMeCleanin Thu 16-Jun-11 11:16:27

T'was lovely and warm here for once. I put my summer dress on and all. T'is all grey and dark now. I must get changed before the nursery run, someone has nicked my sun.

emptyshell Thu 16-Jun-11 11:54:41

It's sunny here - first day in ages I've actually managed to get washing hung on the line to dry. Dog helped - by running laps around the washing to try to create a breeze to dry it faster.

Mamaz0n Thu 16-Jun-11 11:57:55

I just about managed to escape it. It started hammering just as i got to the front door.

hurrah for me

AllTheYoungDoods Thu 16-Jun-11 12:05:29

I'm actually cross I missed the rain - desperate for dog-free park time here!

exexpat Thu 16-Jun-11 12:07:43

Not at all wet here! Downpour was after I got home (for a change).

MarisCrane Thu 16-Jun-11 12:32:10

Very wet. I tried to time it so I would be out before it started, but ended up doing the whole walk in a downpour. It stopped as I got home!

Scuttlebutter Thu 16-Jun-11 15:20:49

Beautiful sunny day here. In fact, woofs were quite hot, and wanted a drink of water after returning to the car.

higgle Thu 16-Jun-11 15:52:26

No rain here. Today we met a very posey barkey dog that makes out he is going to have mine for breakfast - he was off the lead today. Came charging up barking making fierce noises. P. gave him the WTF look and he disapeared off without trouble, sheepishly making out it was something entirely different in the long grass he was looking to kill.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jun-11 15:54:47

Dry and sunny in lancs.

Empusa Thu 16-Jun-11 16:03:09

Soaked, and I didn't even go out! Dog got so muddy we had to wash him

emptyshell Thu 16-Jun-11 19:44:07

You'll be pleased to know that since I've finally given in and bought a proper dog walking coat and boots (no more slipping over and landing on my arse on full poo bags in the snow next winter) we'll be guaranteed scorching hot weather for the next 5 months.

Scuttlebutter Thu 16-Jun-11 20:35:04

Actually, now is a good time to stock up on coats and boots. I was perusing the Lands End website yesterday, as they often have good reductions in Clearance on their walking boots which I like as they are comfortable and supportive. (And to hell with S & B, I LIKE fleece) grin

Avantia Thu 16-Jun-11 21:19:36

I fancy a pair of Dubarry boots , but might have to save my pennies

[[ http://www.farlows.co.uk/product/dubarry-unisex-galway-boots here]]

GrimmaTheNome Thu 16-Jun-11 21:23:28

Anyone who worries about S&B when walking their dog(s) must have a huge ego. No one looks at you when you've got a dog. Well, maybe you need to make sure your footwear isn't weird, but anything much above the knee is irrelevant.

Empusa Fri 17-Jun-11 10:07:14

I have a mahoosive ego grin I intend to look fabulous when dog walking

Scuttlebutter Fri 17-Jun-11 15:20:29

Grimma, that sort of reads that you don't wear anything above the knee? grin

A bit breezy?

GrimmaTheNome Fri 17-Jun-11 15:23:06

I was thinking more that you could wear a binbag without attracting comment. grin

Anyhow, need pockets for the placky bags.

AllTheYoungDoods Fri 17-Jun-11 16:26:54

Ok, I'm about to don full oil-worker-on-rig level waterproofs because I think I may drown.

If I am actually washed away, it was nice knowing you all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now