Talk

Advanced search

A thread with v little content - just to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who has helped the new puppy owners so far - we are all very grateful indeed!

(10 Posts)
Kingsroadie Thu 16-Jun-11 09:28:11

smile

Happymm Thu 16-Jun-11 09:34:13

Hear hear! Thanks to everyone for all their help and advice, ESP minimu and midori.

And also thank you to my fellow new puppy people for all your support and offers of eating dog food to see if it's OK grin

Kingsroadie Thu 16-Jun-11 09:40:19

Ahem.. my pleasure happy grin

I hope in a year's time to be able to "give something back" in return - ie maybe I'll be have enough knowledge/experience to be able to advise some other new puppy owners!

Spamspamspam Thu 16-Jun-11 10:07:51

I can't thank some members enough, particularly midori, minimu and vallhalla!

I was thinking earlier that maybe we could send a donation to one of the Dog Rescue's or a good cause as a way of thanks - does MN doghouse has a particular favourite rescue?

Asinine Thu 16-Jun-11 11:23:23

Yes, I'm so grateful that all the experienced dog people find the time to advise us novices...

twojues Thu 16-Jun-11 19:41:12

I quite agree. Although I've had 2 dogs before, it's great to be able to have some help and advice at the end of the internet.

So, thank you very much xx

saffronwblue Fri 17-Jun-11 12:27:43

Yes, you are all very generous in answering the same questions over and over again. Thank you.

alp Fri 17-Jun-11 12:53:07

Oh my goodness yes THANK YOU! grin

chickchickchicken Fri 17-Jun-11 13:37:22

spam - i read this last night and was thinking about a recent thread re giving donations for a dog that vallhalla helped rescue and is now with lancs gsd rescue. a few of us asked on that thread about donations and vallhalla said that she didnt want to accept donations personally but that we could send them to lancs gsd rescue. ive c & p the info from the thread (dated 17 may if you want to search for it) below -

DONATIONS ARE MOST WELCOME TO HELP US CONTINUE OUR WORK
PLEASE SEND CHEQUES TO:

Ted Kewley
4 Harbour Lane
Warton
Preston
Lancashire
PR4 1YA

cheques made payable to T Kewley

that particular dog's name was clyde and he had been abandoned. his teeth were in a very bad way making it difficult for him to eat and he was in a lot of pain. the rescue only discovered after they took him in that he would need an op which would cost about £300

dont know if thats the sort of thing you meant but it touched a few of us and thought i would copy it here just in case

Happymm Fri 17-Jun-11 14:20:21

Thanks Chic,x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now