Talk

Advanced search

Liver cake

(11 Posts)
ellangirl Tue 14-Jun-11 08:52:14

Just wanted to say I can smell it cooking and I want to vomit. it had better be worth it!

twojues Tue 14-Jun-11 08:57:03

It is. The pup loves it. So does Bailey.

But it really reeks. The things we do for these dogs. Not sure I would cook it at this time of the morning mind you.

catinthehat2 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:24:18

blimey I can smell it here, it's vile

(I am currently outside the UK grin)

<voms>

musicposy Tue 14-Jun-11 09:35:00

I once had the idea of green tripe cake.

Don't. Do. It.

catinthehat2 Tue 14-Jun-11 09:36:49

<passes out>

CalamityKate Wed 15-Jun-11 13:50:34

Stinky, revolting stuff to make. It smells worse than just cooking liver on its own!

It also caused my admittedly cheap and rubbish and only bought to make liver cake with beloved, expensive food mixer to actually burst into flames.

Scuttlebutter Wed 15-Jun-11 21:00:19

Sorry, Kate, I am in work and have just nearly choked trying not to giggle at the flaming food mixer. grin I haven't yet been brave enough to try making this.

musicposy Wed 15-Jun-11 22:00:31

Kate PMSL!!

Will add this to the green tripe cake experience as another excellent reason to buy dog treats from Tescos. grin

kid Wed 15-Jun-11 22:04:51

anyone near East London, please feel free to make some for my pooch because I won't be making any for him grin

emptyshell Thu 16-Jun-11 07:57:39

I love my dog - love has limits. Liver and tripe are well beyond those limits.

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 16-Jun-11 11:02:01

green tripe is vile - the smell makes me heave.

I had a recipe for liver cake, was going to batch bake it ... then a friend of mine said she would do some for my 2 dogs when she made it so saved me a job! I love her - my house didnt stink, hers did!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now