Talk

Advanced search

the things i do...

(18 Posts)
misdee Fri 10-Jun-11 17:16:37

just spent 30mins portioning up raw meat carcasses etc into daily meals for the dogs. and chucked it all in the freezer. have scrubbed hands and kitchen floor again, but can still smell the meat [sick]

kid Fri 10-Jun-11 18:32:23

It just goes to show how much we love our dogs.
My pup gets more attention that my DC!

CoffeeIsMyFriend Fri 10-Jun-11 18:35:48

haha my puppy has learned how to open our brabantia bin (touch) - yesterday I put a cooked chicken carcass in there - there was loads of meat on it but I was clearing out the fridge... Anyway about half an hour later she was tearing round the garden with something in her mouth, went out to discover what she had got. Managed to get most out but she scoffed almost half.

Doesnt even have the cheek to be ill today. For a GSD she is a food thief and gannet.

misdee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:12:19

mine are bin raiders as well. little scavengers who act like i never feed them.

PersonalClown Fri 10-Jun-11 21:13:39

Stop moaning! You love it.

Has Tom calmed at all since his op?

misdee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:16:51

no, he is still a wotsit. just now he doesnt hump things. will message you later about him.

would flups and synster want to try some carcass?

PersonalClown Fri 10-Jun-11 21:19:09

My 2 eat anything edible if you offer it! Buggers.

misdee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:19:51

what about plastic? reminds must make sure i put the plastic wrppers securely in the bin or ralph will eat them as well.

PersonalClown Fri 10-Jun-11 21:21:31

Oh yes. They had the last of Toad's stale donuts and Flupps had the box!

misdee Fri 10-Jun-11 21:24:02

ralph has just been clearing my living room of all the toys that the LO's left out after coffee morning, i watch, he hunts out missing toys, picks them up, i make him drop them and then put them away.

DooinMeCleanin Sat 11-Jun-11 09:27:30

You have a labradoodles don't you? My mum's lab ate a whole dining stool. It took her a few days, but she managed it in the end. They kept trying to move it up onto table so she couldn't get it, but then she started on the table legs instead grin

WoodRose Sat 11-Jun-11 10:31:03

Misdee - I feel your pain! I'm steeling myself to bag up portions of raw turkey and green tripe - probably the most foul, gut churning smell known to mankind. For some inexplicable reason, my collies go mad for it. Then again, collie pup isn't too discerning about what she gobbles. Last Saturday morning we passed a pile of puke on the way to the woods. "Mmmmm", thinks collie pup, "delicious, regurgitated kebab and beer for breakfast!" She was most put out that I would not let her stop and "snack". grin

emptyshell Sat 11-Jun-11 12:45:16

My dog regards vomit as a second breakfast opportunity. We had a barbie recently - he inhaled a sausage, upchucked it cos he'd eaten it too fast and made himself ill (he's got the digestive sensibilities of a supermodel - grrr) and then the bugger ate it again.

Put me right off my burgers!

Rabbit poo is his particular love - I don't know why the thick canine thinks rabbits scatter nice kibble-sized chunks all over the field for him but they think I'm mad round here walking along going "get yer nose out of the poo... don't eat the poo... OH YOU DISGUSTING CREATURE!!!"

misdee Sat 11-Jun-11 13:32:19

well i'm such a doofus i forgot to leave todays portions out, so they are having their tea a bit later, luckily (unluckily) i've got to take one of the dogs to the vets round their usual tea time, so it wont be too bad. i hope.

KeepErLit Sat 11-Jun-11 13:40:25

There's a whole ox liver and ox heart waiting in the fridge to be portioned up for the dogs. I'm trying to summon the energy (and stomach) to deal with it. The texture of raw liver make me heave. I'm wondering what amount of bribery it will take to get DP to do it for me.

emptyshell Sat 11-Jun-11 19:05:51

I just spent the last hour sewing another dog bed for the dog cos I couldn't find a squishy enough one for him so made my own.

BabyReindeer Sun 12-Jun-11 09:07:59

Mine was upsatirs demolishing DS2's cake stash yesterday - the rehomeing lady from Many Tears arrived to check on him and he appeared at the top of the stairs with a Tesco bag full of donuts in his mouth! She prounounced that he seemed to have landed on his feet with us and left satisfied.

emptyshell Sun 12-Jun-11 10:21:17

Awww bless!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now