Talk

Advanced search

Dog dudes: Alice's Bucketlist - entering her lab in regional show

(7 Posts)
LindsayWagner Wed 08-Jun-11 21:25:34

Hello me dearies
Not sure if you've seen this - it's the very upbeat blog of a 15-year old girl with terminal cancer. Lots of twitter people are trying to help with various of her wishes, and one of them is to enter her lab Milly in a regional show. This is so far beyond my payscale that I'm actually having to copy out the words verbatim - but I thought mebbe one of you lot might know where to start and be interested in following through?

K9999 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:35:13

I'll pass it on to the Lab rescues and breed enthusiasts that I know of as well as the all breed folk. Bless her heart, tears in my eyes here, my daughter's friend lost his life to cancer at 14 and I know from that the amazing bravery of children like Alice.

I wish I could wave a magic wand for Alice, I really do with all my heart.

K9999 Wed 08-Jun-11 21:37:35

PS Do you know where Alice lives please so I can pinpoint relevant areas to address the request to?

K9999 Wed 08-Jun-11 22:07:45

Done - the blog states Alice's area and I've passed this on to email and FB contacts, including dog and child friendly organisations.

chickchickchicken Wed 08-Jun-11 22:36:51

lindsay - thanks for posting this. will forward on and have a think if there is anything i can do

anchovies Thu 09-Jun-11 16:55:43

Some lovely people on the labrador forum have sorted it I think smile

LindsayWagner Sun 12-Jun-11 15:01:29

Ah you're all fantastic. You might have seen coverage in the news - think all the wishes that she's still able to tackle (no longer well enough to go abroad sad) have been covered now!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: