Talk

Advanced search

Crates -plastic or metal tray and ....

(10 Posts)
Millie1 Mon 30-May-11 22:09:35

... Are the eBay sellers okay, quality-wise?

Thanks

Happymm Tue 31-May-11 17:23:34

Not sure, but got mine for a good price from Amazon?

Millie1 Tue 31-May-11 17:30:04

Thanks Happymm. Will check Amazon out - wouldn't have thought of there!!

multitask Wed 01-Jun-11 09:37:55

One of the best crates are Savac and some of the worst are chinese imports on ebay just be careful. The metal trays tend to indicate cheaper crates. The metal make a terrible racket and some can be sharp. I much prefer plastic trays, have never had one chewed or eaten by a pup and are very easy to clean. I have one from Argos still going strong after many years but not sure how their quality is now.

Millie1 Wed 01-Jun-11 11:40:29

Thanks Multitask! Have seen this recommended on a couple of other crate threads and was going to order it. What do you reckon?

TarquinGyrfalcon Wed 01-Jun-11 12:13:07

Millie1, we have 2 doghealth crates - one for the house and a car one.

I think our house crate is the equivalant of the professional - it was called a different name when we bought it.

The house crate is nearly 5 years old and has been used constantly - it still looks as good as new.

I also bought a cheaper crate from a pet shop and it was rubbish - the dogs could lean against the door and pop it open whereas the doghealth one is very robust.

Millie1 Wed 01-Jun-11 13:18:24

Thanks Tarquin - I think I might have seen a previous post from you re these crates - I'm much more comfortable buying one which has been recommended/from a recommended supplier than from eBay. Our pup-to-be's breeder recommended an eBay crate but with £20ostage added on, this one is actually a couple of pounds cheaper!

multitask Wed 01-Jun-11 14:50:24

This is the savic crate

www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item--Genuine-Savic-Residence-Premier-Dog-Crate-Cage--savic-dog-crate---dogs

Prices are usually good from here but sometimes good on Amazon.

Millie1 Wed 01-Jun-11 15:11:49

Thanks for that Multi. Had a look but unfortunately the small/medium crates don't have a side door which I really would like just thinking about where we'll be putting it. They do look like good, sturdy crates though ....

Happymm Wed 01-Jun-11 20:11:53

We have just bought the Savic crate for our new lab puppy, as well as a divider to make it smaller whilst she's smaller, and just as she's well spoilt already, the cover to go with itsmile Can honestly say it is very well made and finished-easy to put up/take down, move etc etc. Got ours off Amazon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: