Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a dog coat please!

(7 Posts)
CalamityKate Fri 07-Jan-11 19:04:14

I need a water/showerproof coat for senior dog. She has a shaggy coat (imagine a beige OES) but it isn't particularly thick or waterproof. She hates getting wet and takes ages to dry. I'm thinking a lightweight sort of waterproof coat.

Also - do the ones with "sleeves" for the front legs stay in place better that the ones without? I can't see how the ones without stay in the right place without slipping over.

TIA grin

bumpybecky Sat 08-Jan-11 01:36:09

we bought one of these coats for our elderly dog before Christmas. It's warm and seems to be waterproof too. We've not had any issues with slippage, the straps that go around her tummy velcro to the rest of the coat and have adjusters on so can be fitted to the dog's size.

Sherbert37 Sat 08-Jan-11 02:20:39

Equafleece are brilliant and dry really quickly. No probs with slipping on my border terrier. They have a website.

lifesabeech Sat 27-Aug-11 16:36:11

The Ancol Stormguard coat is ideal as waterproof without being too heavy and warm - and it's very reasonably priced. dog coat

diddl Sat 27-Aug-11 18:29:52

My dog has a short coat & is easy to dry.

But he hates going out in the rain.

He´s only 5 so not sure about a coat in case he gets laughed atblushgrin

MotherJack Sat 27-Aug-11 19:45:18

I have an equafleece coat for my dog - she hates it in anything other than the thickest of winter as it makes her too hot.

She lost her barbour-style lightweight waterproof coat which was absolutely brilliant earlier this year in the thicket and I found it again about a month ago.. nibbled by critters and filthy sad Boo! However, I did end up at the pet shop I bought it from, probably around 10 years ago but they didn't have her size. She told me that if you go to any local pet store and ask for a barbour style coat they are in the ordering catalogues, and should be able to get one in and if not they would and would post it to me.

Do you want me to upload a picture of Oldlady wearing it? I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you are after and I'm sure this is the ticket and I have never seen another, other than this particular pet shop in the Peak District.

MotherJack Sat 27-Aug-11 19:46:12

I should clarify - I ended up at the pet shop I orignially bought it from around 10 years ago LAST WEEK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now