Talk

Advanced search

THIS DOG WILL DIE TOMORROW MORNING UNLESS SHE GETS HELP NOW

(19 Posts)
Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 13:53:45

Aiming this at both rescue helpers on here and at dog lovers.

*This 2 year old Rottie will be dead tomorrow morning if we can't get her out of the pound*

She has no known problems and has been KC vaxed and had her first lot of normal jabs too. She's due for PTS tomorrow, Thirsday 6th Jan.

RESCUE HELPERS - She needs an EXPERIENCED foster home. Rescue back-up is GUARANTEED to a foster carer by PFK, the rescue I help at and imho and ime you can't get better than PFK back-up. I have 101% faith in their honesty and reliability. They just can't take her themselves because they are full. Please can you share this on your FB pages and to your rescue contacts. If you want a link to my FB please pm me.

DOG LOVERS - if a rescue place or foster carer can't be found for her, and it's looking increasingly unlikely, she needs to go into emergency boarding kennels until she can be placed into rescue/foster. Boarding kennels average at about £10 per day - so if anyone is willing to follow the link above and offer a couple of pounds towards that it would be SO much appreciated as it would mean the difference between life and death for this girl.

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Wed 05-Jan-11 14:04:26

Shared on fb.

Poor girl sad

Ephiny Wed 05-Jan-11 15:37:11

Can't offer practical help but I can help towards kennelling costs. What's the best way to do it, the donation form on the PFK website?

Poor girl, Rotties are amazing dogs, and no dog deserves this

DooinMeCleanin Wed 05-Jan-11 15:43:49

Oh god. Poor dog. My Uncle loved Rotties and always had them. Sadly he is no longer with us, or he'd be snapping your fingers off to help.

I wish I could help more. Will donate to PFK as soon as I can, but I'm not sure I have any cash in my PP.

truffleshuffle Wed 05-Jan-11 15:43:53

How awful sad And I don't relly care for dogs tbh.
I hope someone will take her on.

truffleshuffle Wed 05-Jan-11 15:44:39

really not relly blush

Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 15:44:51

Oh bless... that would be fine, thank you so much. When I donate to PFK or pay them for any dog food I buy from them etc I use the Paypal link on the website forum, is that what you mean? That would, I think, be easiest.

I don't know which "rescue angel" has officially taken over the attempt to get this girl out of the pound and would be arranging the boarding kennels but PFK will and they will forward the funds accordingly (and will provide details to you), I can promise you that.

Thank you.

ImeldaSnowboots Wed 05-Jan-11 16:50:43

Is the link working? seems to be going to a pic of another dog?

Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 16:55:27

It works for me Imelda. It's possible it also links to a little tan Staffie cross pup who was also in need and whose case was taken up by the same person on FB... is that the dog you're speaking of?

If so, you will probably find the Rott by clicking on the name of the lady who has posted the FB pictures.

JaxTellersOldLady Wed 05-Jan-11 18:26:12

oh dear, will look and see what I can do to help.

Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 19:25:51

Right... the good news!

Thanks not least to the kindness of a very big-hearted person Cassie the Rottie is sorted. Rachel from PFK is driving up from Cambs to collect her from Kidderminster whilst one of their volunteers will be covering Rachel's duties in the rescue. She'll be coming down to PFK as they have a home in Surrey waiting for her after she's been assessed, second vacs have been given, she's been spayed if necessary and so on. (Or rather I believe that the home offer came independently by chance and so PFK will do the work needed to facilitate Cassie going there).

There was a moment of sheer panic when it seemed that her 5 month old little Staffie cross kennel mate had no offer of rescue but she too is sorted and, doG willing both these beauties will now have long and happy lives.

THANK YOU.

WoodRose Wed 05-Jan-11 20:09:41

Fantastic News!! smile

NewYearNewKnickersOnMyHead Wed 05-Jan-11 20:17:05

Ah I am so chuffed!!!

Ephiny Wed 05-Jan-11 20:32:05

That's such good news hoping for a happy forever home for both of them.

Vallhala Wed 05-Jan-11 20:53:51

You'll be kept informed, make no mistake. wink

BabyDubsEverywhere Wed 05-Jan-11 20:53:51

thats brilliant news, i was about to convince my DH that we needed to go and steal her in the night grin

JaxTellersOldLady Wed 05-Jan-11 21:43:44

that is fantastic to hear.

grin

Vallhala Fri 07-Jan-11 20:44:33

Cassie is apparently another prime example of how wrong breed specifics and types can be. She is far from the "typical" Rott, aloof and one-person-favouring, but loves EVERYBODY I'm told, gave Amanda at the rescue loads of kisses this morning and likes having her back scratched.

Everyone who has met her so far has fallen in love with her. The rescue owner has said that he would like to turn her into a PAT dog - so she really does sound like she is a doll.

We're in no doubt that she would have been killed today had she not been taken into rescue. The pound was not even willing to keep her until Friday to make life easier for the lady who collected her. I fear that Cassie will be far from the last at this particular pound to run this risk and that given the number of dogs at risk and the circumstances others won't be as lucky.

JaxTellersOldLady Fri 07-Jan-11 21:30:57

oh Valhalla I hate this breed stereotyping and I have got to say that the Cane Corso that I am fostering is beautiful. She is a real softy and loves a cuddle, a fuss and people in general.

Yes, she is a mastiff breed, but honestly, I have never came across such a large dog that slobbers and I still adore! grin

PS ... still homeless ...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: