Talk

Advanced search

HELP Puppy been really badly sick now vomiting white 'foam'

(12 Posts)
thebonkers Tue 21-Dec-10 14:30:23

16 week old border terrier right as rain this morning then just started being really horribly sick and now just vomiting white foam - am booked at vets at 4.20 this pm all up to date with vacs etc - would this jist come from eating something untoward as she eats EVERYTHING or should I be more worried - also she hasnt had any lunch yet - should I see if she wants some food?

thebonkers Tue 21-Dec-10 14:36:12

bmp

dilbertina Tue 21-Dec-10 14:38:14

I wouldn't feed her. Phone vet for advice in case he thinks it is more urgent now.

dilbertina Tue 21-Dec-10 14:40:12

Sorry, hit post too soon...try not to worry too much yet, my dog has had this sort of thing occasionally and was fine.

Is she ok in herself?

Puppies are very good at being sick.

thebonkers Tue 21-Dec-10 14:40:54

They just said don't panic ( clearly I sounded paniked!(SP)))she has settled a bit more now and seems to have stopped for the moment but is def NOt right

OnEdge Tue 21-Dec-10 14:42:50

she might have a bit of a toy or something stuck in her belly. i think its quite common because they eat everything. Has she had a poo lately ?

OnEdge Tue 21-Dec-10 14:44:55

when you say not right, do you mean she seems ill? Is she panting ?

DontLetTinselDragOnTheFloor Tue 21-Dec-10 14:45:29

Dill did exactly this when he ate something rank in a friends garden and then wolfed down her dogs special diet dinner.
Once he'd purged everything from his system he looked infinitely brighter and was 100% better the next morning. You could actually feel his poor stomach bugling and he looked really woebegone.

midori1999 Tue 21-Dec-10 14:50:09

It's probably just gastroenteritis, but she does need to see a vet. Don't panic if she seems otherwise well in herself. Definitely don't feed her, she'll probably need to be starved for 24 hours, but make sure she has plenty to drink and try to encourage her to drink so she stays hydrated.

The 'white foam' is just where she has nothing else to bring up.

If she starts to seem sleepy or lethargic or seem unwell in herself (other than maybe a bit fed up from being ill) then ring the vets back and ask to speak to a vet.

thebonkers Tue 21-Dec-10 15:46:15

she has now woken up an seems fine - still taking her to vet for a check but seems much better - she's had a little lunch ( only gave her a little) and no return as yet!
Thanks for reassurance

OnEdge Tue 21-Dec-10 23:56:07

How is she?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now