Talk

Advanced search

Best Dog Bed?

(6 Posts)
Sugarmuppet Sat 04-Dec-10 14:26:38

Zakky need a new bed! His own bed!

Up until now he has slept on a rug at the bottom of our bed and got into bed with me when OH goes to work.

This morning we woke up with Zak in between us - under the covers. OH went balistic and dog is now banned from upstairs (again).

I was getting sick of the hair in the bed and constant hoovering anyway. So going to get a bed he can use in the livingroom (rather than sleeping under DD's play arch!) and he will sleep in kitchen at night. (maybe)

So what is best? Just a normal plastic dog bed? Or something a bit more luxurious? He had a soft cushion type one when he was a pup but he peed on it and you couldn't wash the stuffing. So preferably washable incase of accidents!

WherecanIhide Mon 06-Dec-10 18:47:22

Our dog gets in bed with us too - lies between us with her head on the pillow like a person! I think it's sooooo cute, but not ideal.

I imagine a comfy bed that is also washable? (sorry, not a very helpful reply)

SecretSquirrel193 Mon 06-Dec-10 19:05:05

lots of options here, all pretty cheap http://www.petbedsdirect.co.uk

debz3610 Mon 06-Dec-10 20:49:57

Only pet bed ive ever managed to lure our huge lab out of our bed with is the wainwrights memory foam ortho matress from pets at home. Little pricey....but totally worth it. Had it for a year now and in just as good nick as when we bought it, and thats with a rather large and muddy black lab sleeping on it every night. Washable cover, neat to look at and ver highly recommended! x

Sugarmuppet Mon 06-Dec-10 21:10:42

We got the memory foam one yesterday! Tis fabulous...so far!

debz3610 Mon 06-Dec-10 22:02:39

It will be fabulous for many years to come i hope, for me and you! its so comfy, im sometimes tempted to crawl in there with him.

Hope your furry friend enjoys his new bed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now