Talk

Advanced search

My idiot dog just swallowed a stone

(4 Posts)
Tolalola Wed 01-Dec-10 13:37:35

He was playing madly with his brother, I could see they were scuffling over something so I went over to investigate, and they were playing with a smallish stone (maybe about 1/2 the size of a squash ball). Before I could get it off them, one of them had swallowed it.

Ought I to take him to the vet or anything or will it just pass through? It looked smooth, not sharp. Silly dog.

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Wed 01-Dec-10 13:52:45

I would get him to the vets to be on the safe side. Theoretically it should just pass through given that it is quite small and smooth but it could cause damage so I wouldn't be willing to risk it.

Ephiny Wed 01-Dec-10 13:58:20

Can you call the vets and see if they recommend bringing him in straight away or waiting a bit to see if it goes through?

Tolalola Wed 01-Dec-10 14:04:51

Thanks, yes I can (and will) ring the vet today but couldn't see her until tomorrow anyway. I live on a little island and she only comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

At least it's not Thursday afternoon, which is when things usually seem to go wrong with the animals around here!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: