Talk

Advanced search

My dog died last night.

(32 Posts)
TotorosOcarina Sat 06-Nov-10 12:05:50

Long story but we had a CKCS from a tiny pup, we think she came from a bad start background and was very timid, she never settled with our younger kids and we have alot of animals (2 other dogs, 3 cats) and she was constantly on edge.

Wer rehomed her with a family just up the road, they had no other dogs or cats and a 6 year old son.

She was in her element there, we saw her regularly on walks and she was so happy. The new owners adored her. The woman said Daisy was the best thing that ever happened to them, Daisy went running with the husband every morning and the son was inseprable from her, best friends.

Last night we had a small bonfire party.

My mum and dad left and drove home.

20 mins later I get a call asking if we have Daisys new owners number still, I asked why and she said because they had just passed a blenheim CKCS on the road, it was dead (this is the begfining of a motor way so they couldn't stop'

Its about 3 mins from Daisys house.

I text the new owner asking if Daisy was inside.

I got no answer for about 15 mins

so DH got on his bike and rode to where my mum had seen the dog.

It was Daisy, DH was heartbroken.

The woman was calling and calling on his mobile but he couldn't answer it as he was trying to 'sort her out a bit' and wrap her in his coat.

she text 'please hun, do you know something?? Daisy got out a few hours ago and we can't find her'

DH rang her and told her he had found Daisy but she was gone.

He walked Daisy back to her home and the owners were hyserical.

DH said it was the worst thing he had ever experienced.

I was in floods of tears she was such a gorgeous dog and so small and friendly.

Now 2 families are grieving for her and a little boy has lost his best pal.

I'm just in shock really

sleep well little Daisy-Boo

TotorosOcarina Sat 06-Nov-10 12:08:04

She was only 11 months old so still a puppy

AmazingBouncingFerret Sat 06-Nov-10 12:09:12

Oh im so sorry that has happened.
Such a lovely little thing aswell. sad

Guacamole Sat 06-Nov-10 12:09:59

Very sorry, I know what it is like to lose a family dog, not in these circumstances, I know it hurts immensely.
You have my sympathies.

BOOMyhoo Sat 06-Nov-10 12:10:02

sad

so so sorry for you and teh owners, especially as it was such awful circumstances. i really have no words. sorry.

theagedparent Sat 06-Nov-10 12:10:45

That is so sad. Rip Daisy

BOOMyhoo Sat 06-Nov-10 12:10:47

she is gorgeous BTW.

Tortington Sat 06-Nov-10 12:13:59

so sorry xxx

PurplePillow Sat 06-Nov-10 12:17:30

Omg poor poor Daisy sad

I am literally in tears for you all

My westie went missing last summer and my friends and neighbours combed the whole town looking for her, thankfully we got her back about 6 hrs later, some-one had found her, bathed her then fed her alcohol hmm

<hugs> for you all

PP

cryhavoc Sat 06-Nov-10 12:19:11

How awful for all of you. So sorry to read this.

TotorosOcarina Sat 06-Nov-10 12:19:55

fed her alcohol??

I'm glad she was found though.

The woman said she had gone looking in the opposite direction and keeps thinking if she would have turned right she may have found her

TBH I think she would have been disorientated, with her being so timid and not ever going out alone, it was dark and obviously the fireworks were going off all over.

The main road where she was killed seperates Daisys road to the field where she was excersised so maybe she was trying to get to somewhere familiar?

jooseyfruit Sat 06-Nov-10 12:20:50

oh no. so sorry.x

PurplePillow Sat 06-Nov-10 12:27:34

Yeah they were drinking and thought it was funny to let her drink it too hmm wasn't so funny when she was sick!

Poor Daisy, I really hate this time of year, we have twaty lovely neighbours who let fireworks off all year round at special occassions and don't care if our dogs are about [grr]

It definately sounds like Daisy was trying to get to her field, I hope it was quick and she didn't suffer

<hugs again> xx

BOOMyhoo Sat 06-Nov-10 12:30:07

purple that is insane. who teh hell gives a dog alcohol??

TotorosOcarina Sat 06-Nov-10 12:48:13

some people are really odd!

nannynobnobs Sat 06-Nov-10 12:54:02

What a lovely picture, she looks so sweet. My nanna has had cavs as long as I remember. So sorry

spiderlight Sat 06-Nov-10 12:59:14

Oh, poor little soul So sorry.

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Nov-10 13:07:40

I'm so sorry for all of you.sad

Sparklers0nMyHead Sat 06-Nov-10 16:42:56

sad

amizzymummy Sat 06-Nov-10 16:58:22

So very sorry for you sad

coatgate Sat 06-Nov-10 17:04:10

So sad sad.

Took my boy out the other evening after it had stopped raining. He was off the lead and after a car had gone down the lane I let him across to go up our drive, which is shared. He went bounding up and a bloody car was coming down from one of the other houses ffs (it was late and they never go out at that time). I just screamed and screamed as I did not want to hear the thud - thankfully he came bounding back to my side but I felt so awful that I could have endangered him in that way.

How did Daisy get out? Gorgeous pic.

Treeesa Sat 06-Nov-10 17:12:44

Oh I've just read this and seen the picture..

I'm so sorry to read of Daisy's story. I can't imagine how you all and especially your kids and their little 6 year old is feeling too. sad sad

ceres Sun 07-Nov-10 08:41:02

so sorry to hear this.

FellatioNelson Sun 07-Nov-10 08:52:29

Oh my god that's so awful. What kind of a person hits a puppy and doesn't stop to help?

I had a very similar situation with my six month old kitten and that was bad enough - I can't begin to think how I'd feel if it happened to one of my dogs. I'm so sorry. sad

LotteryWinnersOnAcid Sun 07-Nov-10 17:38:51

I'm so sorry to hear this, RIP little Daisy. x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: