loader

Talk

Advanced search

Supernanny 17th august

(51 Posts)
charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 21:21:19

Whos watching this?

charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 21:23:53

Geesus. I thought my dd was a nightmare.

TwoIfBySea Wed 17-Aug-05 21:27:22

OMG that little girl is psychotic! I feel so sorry for the mum, I don't think I have ever seen a little girl with such aggression.

Glad I've got boys now!

charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 21:28:04

I dont know what id do if my dd was like that she has her moments but goodness me.

lucy5 Wed 17-Aug-05 21:34:46

Wow, shes got her work cut out this week.

One question i have that i havent seen addressed although I could have missed it is, what happens if your child wont stay in the reflection room/naughty chair? Do you just keep taking them back? If you havent already guessed my dd is a stong willed little bugger. Luckily shes not too naughty.

charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 21:36:07

Take them back over and over again till they realise they are going to have to stay there for x amount of time

lucy5 Wed 17-Aug-05 21:36:53

oh god I thought that might be the answer.

Mum2girls Wed 17-Aug-05 21:46:55

She has to be one of the most dislikeable children ever featured.

charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 21:47:38

brought tears to my eyes the vicious circle that was happening.

TwoIfBySea Wed 17-Aug-05 21:48:02

Lucy I just send dst (age 3 1/2) back to the naughty corner and start the time again. They learned that pretty quickly and stay where they are now even if they are throwing a wobbly while they stand there!!!

This little girl needs help beyond Supernanny, there is something seriously wrong with her. Even when she speaks normally there is such hatred in her voice, perhaps a counsellor or psychiatrist. I think this is a step further than just kids playing up or out of control. I'd certainly be seriously worried if my child acted in such a way, especially to a stranger.

lucy5 Wed 17-Aug-05 21:48:21

How old is she? I cant believe my eyes!

TwoIfBySea Wed 17-Aug-05 21:49:04

Oh and Lucy your dd will get the message, my two certainly did and now just the mention of the naughty corner (first warning) has results!

yingers74 Wed 17-Aug-05 21:49:34

I am watching it and I really feel for the mum. I have one dd and another is on the way, I thought girls were easier than boys but am not sure now!!!! Am a little scared!! Really hope the nanny helps as the mum is struggling so much! And yes although she is only 9, she is not very likeable, cannot believe she called nanny a b8tch.

FairyMum Wed 17-Aug-05 21:54:14

Have to say I don't like these programmes. Have the children agreed to be displayed on tv like this? So people can talk about how horrible they are? Seems like children have no right to privacy. I find these programmes totally unethical and the Nanny looks evil.

lucy5 Wed 17-Aug-05 21:58:10

Good point fairymum, i hadn't thought about it like that.
Twoifby I used the naughty stair when dd was smaller and it worked well. i think im going to try again when needed.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 17-Aug-05 22:09:58

TwoIfByTheSea I agree that Supernanny was out of her depth, the girl did seem psychologically disturbed, more proffessional help was needed and if Supernanny was a proffessional herself she would have recognised this and sought that help before tinkering about with such a family.

Watching the Mum bought tears to my eyes.

saadia Wed 17-Aug-05 22:18:53

I just caught a snippet but agree that it seems there's more to it than just naughtiness with the girl - so unbelievably aggressive. Did they say what she was like at school?

unicorn Wed 17-Aug-05 22:26:26

there was no info re school behaviour, and no history re her past behaviour(has she always been like this etc?)left to conjecture.

That's why I feel these programmes are too simplistic (and voyeuristic)

puff Wed 17-Aug-05 22:31:46

Good point unicorn

Hattie05 Wed 17-Aug-05 22:36:50

Don't you think the parenting nearly always seems to be to blame?

I think too often children are judged for having 'other problems' causing their behaviour. When deep down i'm thinking those other problems could be the parents.

That Mother did sound like one of the children when she was attempting any kind of control, sher responded instantly to any bad behaviour and had got herself in such a state i'm not sure that she ever smiled except when supernanny was giving her a telling off.

saadia Wed 17-Aug-05 22:36:50

Yes I agree unicorn - however badly she behaved she was old enough to know that her privacy was being invaded.

TwinSetAndPearls Wed 17-Aug-05 22:54:24

I do agree Hattie, most days when dd is naughty it is because I have been at fault, perhaps not had the energy or will to entertain her, or have snapped at her unairly or not listened. I am sure in this case the mother (and father) had a part to play in the dd behaviour but there did seem to be more than naughtiness here and I think she needed more than sticker charts and time out.

meggymoo Wed 17-Aug-05 23:04:54

Message withdrawn

morocco Wed 17-Aug-05 23:08:33

she was exactly like my almost 3 year old can be - don't know if that says anything about either of them - but I thought it was a positive ending as she did seem absolutely loads calmer. I hope it stays that way for all concerned as it seemed an awful way to have to live.

charliecat Wed 17-Aug-05 23:14:57

My dd has moments about half as bad as that girl was, the venom, definetly. Normally because she cant get her own way. But 99% of the times she fine. She just flips sometimes.
Shes an excellently behaved child and instead of being naughty or misbehaving she flips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now