Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

OMG is anyone else watching Transformed on ITV. I wouldn't want to reform these husbands, I'd want to shoot them.

(15 Posts)
Caligula Mon 08-Aug-05 21:35:38

Just can't believe them. Just can't. Makes my ex look like a saint.

Gobbledigook Mon 08-Aug-05 21:36:54

Oh no, should I be watching?? Is it more entertaining than Moo's marvellous menagerie of magic maize?!

MrsBubsDeVere Mon 08-Aug-05 21:38:14

Damn forgot about it, do you know if it is repeated.

Caligula Mon 08-Aug-05 21:55:45

Don't know. But if not, it should be. They're all so thoroughly awful.

Springchicken Tue 09-Aug-05 10:40:30

I thought it was good.

Although my DP is not quite in their league he could give them a pretty food un for their money sometimes!
We ended up having a great conversation last night completely off of DP's own back, not 1 single nag from me. he realised that he actually does some of the things those blokes were doing, think it actually hit home.

Here's hoping his promises last

cerys Tue 09-Aug-05 11:41:57

I missed the end - were they all transformed? Thought Cam had potential, but wasn't sure about the other two. The guy from Newport (John?)was awful, I really hope he improved for poor Tanya's sake.
The older man reminded me of my dad in a lot of ways in that he was very repressed and uptight.

bossykate Tue 09-Aug-05 11:45:09

how bad were they?

gingerbear Tue 09-Aug-05 11:46:46

PMSL at the 'Horse Whispering' FGS - comparing a horse's reactions to the way your wife reacts??
<<whinnies and tosses mane, stops ground and trots off like Black Beauty>>

feelingold Tue 09-Aug-05 12:44:52

Cerys - yes they were all reformed but amazingly it was John who changed the most!! He went home to Tanya and took over everything which she tried to explain to him was not what she wanted, she just wanted to be appreciated and they worked things out.
David romanced his wife and they were happy.
Cam and his wife were getting on better, but are still working on their relationship.

I really enjoyed watching this and there is hope for most men out there after all.

Nightynight Tue 09-Aug-05 13:01:09

not regretting divorce Caligula???

damn I missed this due to not being in the UK. my ex is totally unreformable, so it would only have been wistful viewing anyway.

cerys Tue 09-Aug-05 13:15:16

thanks feelingold!

Caligula Tue 09-Aug-05 16:02:52

NO NN!!!!

What struck me was just how much shit these women tolerated from these awful men. My ex wasn't half as bad as any of them, but it was enough for me not to want to put up with him. Makes me wonder if I am particularly demanding or everyone else is particularly undemanding.

They were amazing transformations though. But I guess the key was that the men were confronted with the reality that if they didn't transform, they would lose the women they were with and that was less acceptable to them than undergoing the painful process of transformation.

Nightynight Tue 09-Aug-05 19:40:17

bet I put up with more sh*t than any of them.

here's something that'll wind you up Caligula! I know two men who have both divorced recently and are therefore free to take a year out to pursue their dreams and get in touch with their inner man....

Caligula Tue 09-Aug-05 19:43:30

How can they afford to do that then?

Nightynight Tue 09-Aug-05 19:52:18

I dont know. I dont know either of them well enough to say "and what will your ex-wife be doing while you are away? oh, she'll be working full time and looking after the children then will she?"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now