Talk

Advanced search

DONBEAN......The KANGA family adventures on the set of ER and FRIENDS !!!!!

(21 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 16:25:33

Hellooooooooooo

What did you want to know?

It was DEFFO BRILL

and I would advise anybody to go to WARNER BROS STUDIOS, BEVERLY HILLS CALIFORNIA

Heaps better than the Universal Studios where is is mostly pretend, or from old films {apart from the set of new airplane disaster film we saw the real plane they used} We went on the VIP tour there which was worth the extra money, but Universal was not nearly as good as WARNER BROS.

You really DO see where the films are made and they are being made while you are there

ie ER was being filmed while we were there

And so that is how we saw DR NEELA who came out and waved

Unfortunatley, on the sets where they are filming at that moment, our cameras had to be locked away in the storage box, otherwise I could have photographed her, and the make up vans as you could see inside.

Also saw the old white coats and green surgical suits etc. of George Clooney, Dr Mark green, kovac old one, Noah wyle one, their photo passes they wear, stethascopes

Loads of props and costumes from friends and Harry potter {which is also WARNER BROS}

Loads of cars including the Wealsey's car from Harry potter, scooby doo car, Batmobile.

Was all DEFFO BRILL

Donbean or anybody else .......

What else did you want to know??????

If you want to see some photos click on here and there is a link to my website

here is my website so if you then click on Telly pages

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 16:45:43

sosososososososooooooo,
im just, so, i dont know what to ask first.... im so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did you see from the friends set?

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 16:47:15

how is the stuff set out, i mean is it as it would be when they film or is it laid out for you to touch?
What did you see????

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 16:54:56

what friends costumes did you see, did they have any scripts for you to see (old ones) did they tell you about stuff, you know like a guided tour with commentry?
Did you go there on holiday or did you live out there?
How long did you spend there, was it all day?
How excited were you to be there???????

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 16:55:52

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH! you have made my day with this thread......and its my birthday!!!!!!

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 16:58:45

Did you see the photos on my website?

The set of CENTRAL PERK? etc.

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:02:34

As it had finished filming the sound stage is now taken over by JOEY and so we went to see that

The set for Central perk is in another building and was a HOT SET ie nothing can be touched

It had had some stuff changed on the set but it was as in the photos

The door for monicas apartment was in the museum along with joey fridge, pool table. Monicas table and chairs etc.

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:02:53

no! will go and have a butcher..... be back in a mo......with more questions......SO EXCITED!!!!!!

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:04:21

The sound stage is all in one line and so when you move out of one room into another etc.

And the audiance is right there.

flamesparrow Wed 27-Jul-05 17:05:04

Random off topic question here... did Joey ever get a new fridge when his died and he was trying to get everyone to buy a new one????

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:09:32

IT WONT LET ME ON!!!!!!!!
GOING IN AGAIN.........

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:10:39

I don't know this was the old one with the big handle sort of old fashioned

I never remember him getting a new one so guess not

In TV land stuff mends by itself

They have just shown a clip on E4 of that episode

flamesparrow Wed 27-Jul-05 17:12:56

I know way too much pointless friends trivia... I think it magically came back to life. Maybe it was the same angels who fixed Rosita.

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:15:04

it wont let me on, its only showing half the page and not the full thing....what am i doing wrong?

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:16:52

oh my god, i just put the sound on and cmon eileen came on!
Laughing out loud!!!!!! you are such a star Kanga, a defo brill star xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:18:10

half of what page?

the friends page or telly page?

If you send me email address to rtkangamummy @ yahoo . co . uk

I can send invite

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:18:56

Thank you

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:19:49

friends page!
and its telling me i need a password.
Email: Donnahargreaves30@hotmail.com
im desperate now, need to see,need to see....

RTKangaMummy Wed 27-Jul-05 17:25:15

have sent you an invite

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:26:38

sorry, yes, i will email you now.
Sorry am very tired and need more chocolate.
didnt read your post properly in my panic!

Donbean Wed 27-Jul-05 17:27:42

oh great, scap that last message, i will go and check, thanks for your patience with me im a dumbwitxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: