Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

East Enders new plot line for the teenage lovers...Demi and Leo makes me feel

(11 Posts)
lemonice Wed 27-Jul-05 14:36:14

quite uneasy.

I am not usually the least bothered about TV but read that the new story involves Demi smoking heroin and her boyfriend thinks she has died so he takes a massive overdose, but she recovers...it is reputedly based on Romeo and Juliet but I think it could be something which glorifies the issues involved...in fact I think this couple's relationship romanticises a very unromantic in real life situation anyway.

Or am I just an old lemony prune?

nailpolish Wed 27-Jul-05 15:02:25

sounds like desperate attempt to get the viewing ratings up, if you ask me

bundle Wed 27-Jul-05 15:06:14

agree, sounds desperate

Lizzylou Wed 27-Jul-05 15:08:14

Not impressed with Eastenders scripts at all at the moment, but that plotline sounds awful

saadia Wed 27-Jul-05 16:05:18

I find the whole Demi/Leo storyline unwatchable and unrealistic. This latest bit sounds irresponbsible.

lunavix Wed 27-Jul-05 16:07:10

Irresponsible and unrealistic. I find it unbelievable that a mum would take her son to Scotland to stop him dating a girl who's had her grandchild.

Not entirely sure why he's going to 'visit' his dad when he's busy beating his mum up at home...

fastasleep Wed 27-Jul-05 16:08:27

Fecking ridiculous.

Bet it will get the ratings up though *sigh*

jamboure Wed 27-Jul-05 20:53:54

it is a bit sad but whats sadder is this actually happens in real life.

I personally am glad they are touching on this as some kids watch easties and if they do the story correctly with the help of proper agents then this could be very helpful to kids in trouble

Hulababy Fri 12-Aug-05 20:09:36

Have to say that I really don't think this is pre-watershed viewing TBH. Not convinced by story line.

tomasinatank Fri 12-Aug-05 20:18:36

I agree with Hula - def. not pre watershed viewing imo.

Load of tosh aswell

Hulababy Fri 12-Aug-05 20:20:27

3yo DD is up and awake at moment - she slept in car on way home, so..eek, no sleep now! Do not like her seeing this. Have distracted her lots and she is unaware luckily. Wouldn't want a child any older paying attention to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now