Talk

Advanced search

Violent cartoons

(6 Posts)
LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 16:20:37

Is there any cartoons you think is unsuitable and refuse to let your child watch it? I cannot stand Billy and Mandy. I think it's terrible kids watching Billy walking around with an axe or whatever it is!

fqueenzebra Sat 23-Jul-05 16:39:48

cartoons, or film & other programmes too?
Power rangers is banned in our house...

Can't believe how many children age <=5 have seen the Spiderman films (Toby Maguire), or the latest Star Wars films. I feel that they are totally unsuitable.

QueenEagle Sat 23-Jul-05 16:44:02

Don't allow any cartoons or programmes which show violence or where they use what I call "yobbish" language. That rules out pretty much all of them. We have a rule in our house that only educational/documentary style programmes are allowed or dvds and videos which we deem suitable.

moondog Sat 23-Jul-05 16:48:27

We never even watch tv (well maybe the news or something particularly interesting.)

My dd has a collection of videos that I have bought,but these get packed awy regularly for spells of a couple of weeks.

We honestly do not have time for television.

TwoIfBySea Sun 24-Jul-05 23:09:34

Nearly all modern cartoons are rubbish, all that Squarebob nonsense. Badly drawn, badly scripted, crude rather than funny and with no storyline at all. I take particular exception to that one about twins that one is bad and one is good, how are my dst supposed to feel watching that? Sends a very negative message about twins that one.

During the summer dst (3 1/2) don't watch that much tv, usually just Cbeebies or Nick jnr. in this house.

Bring back the Moomins!

throckenholt Mon 25-Jul-05 08:12:50

to be honest I can't stand kids cartoons - so my kid snever see them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now