Talk

Advanced search

Violent cartoons

(6 Posts)
LollipopSweetiePie Sat 23-Jul-05 16:20:37

Is there any cartoons you think is unsuitable and refuse to let your child watch it? I cannot stand Billy and Mandy. I think it's terrible kids watching Billy walking around with an axe or whatever it is!

fqueenzebra Sat 23-Jul-05 16:39:48

cartoons, or film & other programmes too?
Power rangers is banned in our house...

Can't believe how many children age <=5 have seen the Spiderman films (Toby Maguire), or the latest Star Wars films. I feel that they are totally unsuitable.

QueenEagle Sat 23-Jul-05 16:44:02

Don't allow any cartoons or programmes which show violence or where they use what I call "yobbish" language. That rules out pretty much all of them. We have a rule in our house that only educational/documentary style programmes are allowed or dvds and videos which we deem suitable.

moondog Sat 23-Jul-05 16:48:27

We never even watch tv (well maybe the news or something particularly interesting.)

My dd has a collection of videos that I have bought,but these get packed awy regularly for spells of a couple of weeks.

We honestly do not have time for television.

TwoIfBySea Sun 24-Jul-05 23:09:34

Nearly all modern cartoons are rubbish, all that Squarebob nonsense. Badly drawn, badly scripted, crude rather than funny and with no storyline at all. I take particular exception to that one about twins that one is bad and one is good, how are my dst supposed to feel watching that? Sends a very negative message about twins that one.

During the summer dst (3 1/2) don't watch that much tv, usually just Cbeebies or Nick jnr. in this house.

Bring back the Moomins!

throckenholt Mon 25-Jul-05 08:12:50

to be honest I can't stand kids cartoons - so my kid snever see them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: