Talk

Advanced search

Beslan

(9 Posts)
unicorn Thu 21-Jul-05 21:58:23

That was the most harrowing, upsetting thing I have watched in a long time.

I am so very very
350 killed.. half of whom were children........ Why?

sis Thu 21-Jul-05 22:03:54

dh was watching but i just couldn't - i had to leave the room halfway through.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 21-Jul-05 22:05:42

i am totally shite. i let myself be persuaded out of watching it, whilst knowing that witnessing is the least we can do for the people that suffer in this world.

were there any conclusions btw (hello unicorn!)

unicorn Thu 21-Jul-05 22:06:05

it was/is absolutely heartbreaking..

I cannot believe how we as humans have become so low - but I guess this type of inhumanity has always been with us.

marthamoo Thu 21-Jul-05 22:06:08

I decided at the last minute I just couldn't do it - it was so upsetting at the time. I know that sounds like a cop-out but I just couldn't face it.

As for why? God knows, unicorn - why does any terrorist do what they do? They make it make sense in their own way I suppose. But to kill children you have been in a room with for days - that's really, really impossible to understand.

SenoraPostrophe Thu 21-Jul-05 22:07:12

it was a terrible tragedy. presumably the terrorists thought they could use the children to protect them.

marthamoo Thu 21-Jul-05 22:08:08

I watched Hotel Rwanda last week and that left me dazed for days afterwards: and that was a drama, albeit factually based. I think that's partly why I decided I couldn't watch this documentary.

soapbox Thu 21-Jul-05 22:09:54

I just can't do it any more - can't watch any of this kind of things - they just completely freak me out and I can't sleep for weeks.

Anything relating to children just knocks me for six

unicorn Thu 21-Jul-05 22:11:15

Beslan info

It was the most painful programme for any mother to watch.

As to rights and wrongs, NO political cause merits this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now