Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm such a saddo

(8 Posts)
rodeo1 Sat 09-Jul-05 14:40:27

My children are out, but I've just realised I've been watching (in a bit of a daze) CBeebies Come Outside and now I'm watching Sue and Chris painting. And I don't feel compelled to switch over.

Has my brain shrivelled completely?

colditz Sat 09-Jul-05 14:41:58

Yes, yes it has.

As has mine.

SenoraPostrophe Sat 09-Jul-05 14:42:54

Come Outside is great.

On the discovery channel (or something like it) they have a "how stuff is made" programme which is a load of short pieces of film from factories linked together. I often think it would be 10 times better if they just added an adult voiceover to the film clips from Come outside or tikkabilla.

And Chris and sue are nice aren't they?

spidermama Sat 09-Jul-05 14:46:08

I love Come Outside. Didn't Aunt Mable used to be Nurse Gladys in Open All Hours?

rodeo1 Sat 09-Jul-05 14:50:15

Chris and Sue are lovely. Love Aunt Mabel, she looks like my Aunty Dorcas, Pippin's a clever dog, isn't she.

Oh Plummy's just put a whoopee cushion on Miss Hoolies chair. Chortle chortle

WideWebWitch Sat 09-Jul-05 14:53:36

Ooh I like chris and Sue too, well, all the cbeebies presenters actually, they're all kind and wholesome. I guess that's why they got the job!

SenoraPostrophe Sat 09-Jul-05 14:54:15

plus a little contextual analysis will show that Come Outside is in fact a work of post-modern feminist polemic in which Aunt Mable is a single older woman admired by all, and who even has her own plane (a symbol of freedom).

It's not a children's programme at all.

spidermama Sat 09-Jul-05 14:57:03

Well said Senora. I always knew I was clever, and not sad, for watching it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now