Talk

Advanced search

LOST - TO BE LAUNCHED IN THE UK AUGUST 10TH

(5 Posts)
fairydust Tue 05-Jul-05 17:09:29

MAKE SURE YOU ALL TUNE INTO THIS - IT'S ONE OF THE BEST US DRAMA'S THEY HAVE MADE.

IT WILL BE AIRED ON BRITISH T/V ON CHANNEL 4 ON AUGUST 10TH AT 10.00PM.

Channel 4 is gearing up to launch a huge marketing campaign for new US drama Lost.

The cult show, which follows a group of survivors after their plane crashes on a mysterious island, has been a ratings success in the States, where it draws more than 16 million viewers each week.

C4 originally planned to air the series in the UK from January, but then decided to postpone transmission until the summer following the success of another new US drama, Desperate Housewives. The network was also keen to hold back in order to get the cast involved in the promotional campaign, which was shot on location in Hawaii last week.

Describing the show as "very important" for Channel 4, a spokeswoman told Digital Spy: "Everyone will know about it once the campaign starts."

Lost is now due to air from "early August" in a primetime slot; most likely the current Wednesday, 10pm slot occupied by Desperate Housewives.

MonsieurMoth Tue 19-Jul-05 14:27:52

I have it on good authority that Madame Butterfly is a fan of Lost.

The current Ch4 ads for the show are a bit odd - they make a certain sort of sense once you know the principle characters in the show, but don't really give anyone a reason to watch. Which is a shame, as it's a very good series.

futurity Wed 20-Jul-05 10:59:02

I agree..I have seen Lost already and it is FAB but the ad campaign is a bit weird as isn't selling it as well as it should I think.

melissasmummy Mon 25-Jul-05 11:56:57

I have seen 1 advert for lost & an going to have to tune in! Need to see what it's about!

Kinda hooked already!

coppertop Mon 25-Jul-05 12:21:15

Hurray! I read about this ages ago and have been waiting for Channel 4 to finally show it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: