Talk

Advanced search

What planet are the corris scriptwriters from?

(8 Posts)
triggerhappy Wed 29-Jun-05 09:48:35

Honestly!

I used to love corrie, but 1st we had the very idea that anyone could fancy sally webster, even if he did turn out to be the local sleazeball!

Now we have shelly, who walked into a door, got a shiner, & is now terrified to come out of her bedroom, & freds rival complete with his very own dippy, squeaky voiced sidekick! er, this has already been done corrie!!

If it wasn't for Blanche I wouldn't even watch it anymore!

mancmum Wed 29-Jun-05 10:19:12

I agree that all Fred's story lines are usually farcical and repetitive but I love the Shelley story line -- think the mental control story is very good and has been played well... I hate the Websters but guess you need a family like that on the street for bit of normality...

I love Norris and Blanche and Roy -- fab fab characters..

golds Wed 29-Jun-05 10:23:24

Sean is my favourite, I just find him hilarious, specially when Shandy died and now the vet story expect to be very funning this week.

Agree about Fred Elliott, don't like him much and although I think the story of Shelley is good I don't like Charlie, but then again that proves that he is a good actor, if he's disliked.

fairyfly Wed 29-Jun-05 10:34:27

I think the Shelly story line is fantastic. Many times in the media it is shown that a woman just gets in an aggressive relationship without backing up why she is letting it happen. I think the pace and length they have set it at really shows how your whole personality changes and why you start to totally and utterly rely on someone and loose all self respect for yourself. Personally i watch it and it and understand more about myself as it reminds me of how i used to be. It shows how manipulated and weak you can become. Also i think it answers the question that many women who have not been in the situation ask which is why they don't just leave.

TinyGang Wed 29-Jun-05 10:56:44

I think the Shelley story is very good too. They have taken time to really build it which makes it very lifelike.

I thought the Tommy/Katie story was a bit harder to swallow though - and now Craig just seems to get on with it with the occasional reference to his mum, dad and sister. You'd think he'd be in therapy and counselling for years after a thing like that! Suppose it's good if you want to be a goth though. Also Sally/Dierdre being irresistable to men...hmmm

snafu Wed 29-Jun-05 12:03:04

<<Suppose it's good if you want to be a goth though>>

LOL!

Corrie is fantastic. I've stopped watching EastEnders because - well, for obvious reasons - but Corrie is just so superior anyway. Agree the Shelley storyline is excellent because it's been built so slowly, but the general standard of writing and acting is just miles ahead of any of the other soaps anyway. Plus they can actually do comedy properly, which is something EE is sadly lacking.

Listmaker Wed 29-Jun-05 14:33:45

I love Corrie too - Sean is great - hilarious. I agree about the great characters like Jack and Vera, Norris, Blanche, Roy and Hayley. Great stuff!

lunachic Wed 29-Jun-05 14:36:57

love the new father and son butcher team (fred elliots rivals) who are dead ringers for ashley and fred -totally stupid and surreal - those scriptwriters are def on something !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now