Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watch Most Haunted Live last night?

(31 Posts)
basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 08:43:33

Just wondering - I was transfixed for the last three nights and am feeling the consequences of the late nights early starts!
Not sure how much I believe to be paranormal but whatever it is, it is fun guessing and watching group dynamics and the psychological issues. Great junk tv IMHO, loved every minute.
Did you get the bit with the growl yesterday - fab. What about Derek being dragged along last night, just brilliant. Felt cheated that he didn’t "morph" into a miner and get possessed like usual, those moments are my favourites

DaddyCool Wed 22-Jun-05 08:50:02

the growl was amazing and its the first time that show really freaked me out. did you hear all the heavy breathing all the way through though leading up to it. no one seemed to notice it!

basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 08:52:55

oh yes - i was shouting at the tv (quietly as kids asleep next door room). DH even stopped working in his office to find out what I was getting so worked up about (he hates it with a passion and stood transfixed for a good half hour )

QueenEagle Wed 22-Jun-05 09:02:47

My dh and dd are obseessed with this programme.

Aaaaargh!! It does my head in - it just can't be for real???

basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 09:04:33

glad I am not the only one obsessed with this. Agree that it can do yur head in - in a wonderfully kind of addictive way.
I love the way that it plays with your mind and makes you question your own logic and understanding.

basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 09:05:02

I love Derek but I don’t believe him - too many obvious mistakes in the past - pendle hill etc.

lunachic Wed 22-Jun-05 09:10:22

i watched the first night of m h live and when i was concentrating on the background to see if i could see anything else i got reallt bizzare interference on the telly like id never seen before -sounds mad but it was sort of abstract(not in a pattern) red and green zig zag lines with thinner black and white ones behind
it happened twice and i turned over -was scared the telly might break !!

DaddyCool Wed 22-Jun-05 09:10:42

i like it but i easily get bored after awhile watching. i don't believe derek at all, he's a cheeseball.

does anyone remember the one where he was supposedly possessed by some sort of native canibal savage type individual and he started making 'ooga booga' type sounds as if that was supposed to be the chap's native speak! it was hilarious. dw laughed so hard she woke up ds.

suzywong Wed 22-Jun-05 09:11:53

I don;'t get it over here, what happened. did Yvette lose her decorum and delcare she was "F99king sh&&ting meself"

I love it when she does that

lunachic Wed 22-Jun-05 09:12:42

i love derek accora too think hes fantastic -havent seen him make mistakes -i dont watch it often but i think his accuracy in lots of things makes up for it
anyway how do we know they are mistakes and mnot unproven facts?

lunachic Wed 22-Jun-05 09:13:37

he is a little bit of a chesseball though !

munz Wed 22-Jun-05 09:27:06

what happened to karl in the mines about 11pm? (what happened after 11 I went to sleep) why was karl crying?

edodgy Wed 22-Jun-05 09:30:26

Is Yvette married to Karl or have i got my wires totally crossed?

emmamama Wed 22-Jun-05 09:33:39

Yes they are married Edodgy. Have you heard the sound clip that Scott Mills plays on Radio 1 from Derek?

He's been posessed by something or other and he's shouting 'Mary loves Dick, Mary loves Dick'. I nearly wet myself everytime I hear it.

edodgy Wed 22-Jun-05 09:40:18

Haha no i havent but will make sure i listen out for that one, Im in two minds about Derek while he makes me freak out a bit i think he's hilarious as well.

suzywong Wed 22-Jun-05 09:43:21

I remember the early days before derek got a stylist and you could see his pack of Embassy sticking out of his jacket pocket

emmamama Wed 22-Jun-05 09:44:44

He's sooo slick now. His stylist must be worth their weight in gold. LOL.

edodgy Wed 22-Jun-05 09:47:52

haha thats so true i swear after he was pulled by his wrist/hand by a so called ghost yesterday the first thing he did was check his gold bracelets hadnt broken or gone missing!

emmamama Wed 22-Jun-05 09:53:19

Do you think he has one of those home highlighting kits?

edodgy Wed 22-Jun-05 10:04:00

nahh i reckon his hair is highlighted only by the nicotine in his embassy no.1!

basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 10:08:15

nah...I reckon he paid good money for that hair do
talking about hairdos - what has Yvette (or Yvvie to her chums..) done to her hair - it looks awful, yellow like straw with a really dodgy fringe. That Cath needs to spend more time concentrating on doing their make up and hair and less time worrying about people touching the top of her head!

daddy cool - pmsl when I watched the ooga booga one, that was just magic

I am very dissapointed in David Wells. I love that man and find him more believable than Derek so would have loved him to get more involved this time. He always makes me question my own level of cynicism and challenges my one logical brain cell.

DaddyCool Wed 22-Jun-05 10:15:36

i reckon yvette is a really hard bitch behind the scenes. i think she's probably a real hire and fire type of boss lady.

basketcase Wed 22-Jun-05 11:01:15

what, our lovely little shy Yvie?? gasp, horror
There is so much nepatism on the show (as with many programmes I guess) Cath is often described as her best mate, her husband is there as is her cousin..I reckon her granny probably does the teas.

Have you ever looked at livingtv’s website and read the cast’s biographys - that makes for fun reading (sorry, I know, gone to far now, admitting that I have actively searched through livingtv’s website
I was actually looking to see if/where/when tickets for the next live show become available. Not that i would really want to go or anything..urmm...

emmamama Wed 22-Jun-05 11:02:45

So Shirley Ghostman is just a mix of all of them? Including Yvettes bad hair.

Nbg Wed 22-Jun-05 11:06:19

Where was MH at?

I've missed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now