Talk

Advanced search

My name's Steve Backshall...but you can call me Steve...

(13 Posts)
Tambajam Sun 08-Nov-09 18:04:34

My son looooves Deady 60. He has watched each episode so many times.
His little 20m sister can identify 'Steve' and 'deadly 60' at 50 paces.

All the episodes are on our Sky planner but I found out today our box is dying and will probably need wiping/ replacing.

The concept is too awful to bear. The Sky tech on the phone tried to get me to wipe it today to reboot it and I almost burst into tears at the thought.

It doesn't seem as though there is any prospect of it being on DVD. Can you just write to the BBC and pay for something to be recorded onto disk? I live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, don't I? Any solutions?

We have no satellite at the moment. I could try and get hold of a recordable DVD and record onto disk from the Sky planner if it's still holding up but I'm nervous it might not even work to do that and it means no other TV until we have that done.

Does ANYONE love Deadly 60 as much as we do?

FanofFireworks Mon 09-Nov-09 08:31:47

I love it too! It's on "normal" telly, but not sure what side or when ... we only have freeview and it's on there so all you need is a friendly relative to set their box to get it!

FanofFireworks Mon 09-Nov-09 08:32:41

ahhhh it's on iplayer too so you could download it from there?

IvaNighSpare Mon 09-Nov-09 11:28:22

I'm with you! We love it in our household, too. Unfortunately we live in Cyprus and are at the mercy of BFBS TV schedules. Have even tried to download find it on the 'net but no luck so far.
Sorry, that wasn't very helpful, was it??? Just wanted to offer my support it in your plight and join your quest!

gizmo Mon 09-Nov-09 12:17:29

Ah yes, Deadly 60.

Boyish grin, excellent pecs, wild enthusiasm and a winning way with poisonous invertebrates...what's not to like?

jsgirl Mon 09-Nov-09 13:30:15

Another vote for Deadly 60 in our household. DS1(8) loves it and has all the episodes on our Sky+. I too love Deadly 60, although I have to say for entirely different reasons to DS1 ...

Tambajam Mon 09-Nov-09 20:51:34

Glad we're not alone.
You can see it on the iplayer and 'download it' but it doesn't last and it magically wipes when it is no longer on the iplayer. I have now got a recordable DVD machine so it's going to be a long painful night of trying to record them off the Sky Planner. Wish me luck.

jsgirl Mon 09-Nov-09 22:00:56

Sorry Tambajam, was rushed in my post at lunchtime today, my work are very keen on cracking down on internet use outside of lunch break at the moment! Did think after I'd logged off about recording them to DVD, but I'll have to borrow one first. You'll have to let us know how it goes. Good luck!

kreecherlivesupstairs Tue 10-Nov-09 15:34:10

My 8.6 dd loves this. It's on CBBC on Sundays (possibly Saturdays too). We live in Switzerland and can't get iplayer

Tambajam Wed 11-Nov-09 06:11:19

I am recording Steve onto DVD as we speak. It took me a loooong time to work out what to do with cables and the picture quality isn't brilliant but it looks like Steve will be safe. Phew.

MrsMills Wed 11-Nov-09 07:37:06

Another fan here, DS1 watches it on iplayer if his homework is all present and correct on a Sunday night.

reikizen Wed 11-Nov-09 08:03:05

Oh yes, my two love Deadly 60 with a passion. All animals are referred to in relation to the programme, i.e. I saw that on Deadly 60 etc and all their knowledge about the natural world seems to have been gleaned from there too! We just refer to him as Steve in conversation as if we all know him. 'Steve said...' Oh dear.

morethanyoubargainfor Wed 11-Nov-09 08:04:17

my ds 7 loves it too, i love watching it equally but for different reasons to ds wink

It is aometimes shown on bb2 aswell. think the ones on the iplayer are only up to programme 13 so still waiting for the next set.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now