Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone see the C4 prog last night re: village of people with SN?

(9 Posts)
bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 12:25:49

thought it was v interesting..but missed some of it.

fastasleep Fri 17-Jun-05 12:36:26

I saw most of it, I couldn't help but go 'aww' at most of them which is quite demeaning I know seemed a lovely place! (Used to live quite near there)

beatie Fri 17-Jun-05 12:48:06

I thought it was interesting but I would have liked more narration and information about the place - otherwise it seemed a little Voyeuristic.

It does look like a great place.

katierocket Fri 17-Jun-05 12:50:28

agree that there wasn't much context. My DP is from Yorkshire and he remembers being taken to visit it when he was younger. They have a shop where you can by things the residents have made in the craft shop.

SleepyJess Fri 17-Jun-05 12:51:44

There was a thread about this last night. Mixed views were expressed.

I missed the beginning.

bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 12:52:51

ooh i'll try to find it. agree it was a bit voyeuristic but thought it sympathetic and made me really think about how parents of SN children hope to plan for the future, for an independent lifestyle etc

charleypops Fri 17-Jun-05 13:02:32

I had a friend who's brother (who has ds) lives there. We went for a visit years ago. It's an absolutely lovely, almost magical place. Friend has a wealthy family, but I never thought to ask if the family had to pay. I'd like to know. Didn't watch all the show - did it say?

bundle Fri 17-Jun-05 13:15:29

only saw bits so missed that if they did say. didn't think it was magical, but v interesting, with all the normal everyday stuff of life - argybargy - going on.

fastasleep Fri 17-Jun-05 13:33:06

It definately could have done with a lot more information abouth the ethos and how everything worked, you're right it was voyeuristic... I was too sleepy to notice that at the time though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now