Talk

Advanced search

House MD

(16 Posts)
serenity Thu 16-Jun-05 23:52:50

I'm really enjoying this so far, especially as they seem to have dropped that irritating orange and grey colour scheme they had in the pilot.

I did spend this evenings episode annoying DH though by trying to work out who Dr Chase was - his face was really familiar, I was going through all the child actors I could think of, Dh had to sit there going 'no, it's not him' all the way through

Just did a bit of googling and discovered he was Billy Kennedy in Neighbours, I knew I knew who he was!!!!!

Oh, and that needle in the eye thing.......eeeuuuuggghhhhh yuck yuck yuck, definitely outgrossed CSI.

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Jun-05 00:01:37

Missed this last week but really enjoyed it tonight.

Grossed out at that scene and had to hide behind a cushion - but that's mainly because I've had a needle in my eye!

mancmum Fri 17-Jun-05 01:26:29

missed last weeks as well... was there any clues in it as to why he limps, is addicted to painkillers, is so messed up? did enjoy tonights though!

serenity Fri 17-Jun-05 15:01:05

He limps because he had something in his leg I can't spell, but essentially was a heart attack in his thigh muscle. It was misdiagnosed and the muscle died, hence the limp and chucking painkillers back like smarties.

SaintGeorge - really? did it hurt? could you see the needle coming? How many people had to hold you down

Ulysees Fri 17-Jun-05 15:06:13

missed this weeks but loved it last week. I need to get organised and tape stuff as I'm never in much lately.

SaintGeorge Fri 17-Jun-05 15:09:31

serenity - no it didn't hurt, I had painkilling drops put in first but yes I could see it coming and I was terrified!

Didn't hold me down as such but a nurse did clamp a hand to the back of my head to stop me moving backwards.

Shuddering at the memory.

serenity Fri 17-Jun-05 16:42:48

SG - I am having sympathetic shudders on your behalf

I taped it as I wasn't actually planning on watching it last night, and I was too lazy to turn the video off so if anyone wants to borrow it, let me know.

yingers74 Fri 17-Jun-05 21:40:15

hello, yes i also realised Dr Chase was Billy from neighbours too! How he has grown? He also appeared in this uk thriller drama about murders in a monastry! I am glad they let him keep his aussie accent, as Hugh Laurie's american accent is distracting enough! I keep expecting him to go 'anyone for tea?'. it is a good show though!

sunchowder Fri 17-Jun-05 21:52:04

I love House! I think it is a really great show, I didn't realize that you had it over there. We watch every Tuesday here, now they are having re-runs.

serenity Fri 17-Jun-05 22:02:30

Only just got it sunchowder, only had 2 episodes on so far.

I was totally convinced that Dr Chase had an english accent, nothing DH could say would convince me that it was an australian one I think I must watch too much neighbours!

MarsLady Thu 23-Jun-05 22:39:08

THANK YOU Serenity. I've just been wracking my brain to remember who the aussie was. I've been trying hard to remember to watch this, I've finally switched on and it made my brain ache.

click on telly addicts and there's the answer. MN does it again!

lou33 Fri 24-Jun-05 00:02:18

when is this on? i keep meaning to give it a watch

MarsLady Fri 24-Jun-05 00:03:28

thurs 10pm on CH5. Today was the first one that I managed to see. It's very good Lou, I think you'll like it

lou33 Fri 24-Jun-05 00:10:56

thanks!

MarsLady Fri 24-Jun-05 00:11:32

you're welcome

yingers74 Fri 24-Jun-05 22:30:30

I love the way House tells off his patients! Great stuff, also like the theme music. But I hope this does not mean that Hugh Laurie will abandon the uk and move to the US, what will his mate Stephen Fry do if he does????

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: