Talk

Advanced search

Emmerdale - story update please!

(13 Posts)
jennymac Tue 03-Nov-09 13:45:18

Just started watching Emmerdale again and don't understand the whole Cain/Carl money thing. Can someone please fill me in? Ta!

pigleychez Wed 04-Nov-09 17:06:16

I never really get to properly watch it as its around DD's bedtime but from what i gather :

Cain was testing Charity by saying her would give her 20 grand or something to disappear forever. She almost took the bait but changed her mind at the last moment. Carl has got wind of Cains money and wants some of that. I remember Cain whizzing off in a helicopter years ago after stealing some money which im guessing was the Kings money. Im guessing Carl is tyring to persuade Charity to help him con the money back out of Cain.

Thats my take on it anyway!

Monadami Wed 04-Nov-09 19:32:03

Yes what happened was Cain and Jimmy's ex wife, Sadie who was played by Patsy Kensit kidnapped Jimmy and Carl's now deceased dad Tom and held him to ransom for a £million.

Sadie thought she and Cain would run away together, but he tricked her and took the suitcase containing the King's money and took off in a light plane. Before he left, he posted a wad of cash to his daughter Debbie.

Now he's back, Carl King is convinced Cain has their money stashed somewhere, so on discovering Cain has a storage unit, he's enlisted the help of Charity, as he believes this is where the money is hidden.

jennymac Thu 05-Nov-09 11:26:49

Great - thanks! Just one question - if Cain took the King money, why can they not get him arrested?

Monty100 Thu 05-Nov-09 12:57:27

Jenny - because it's not rl. grin

Monadami Thu 05-Nov-09 13:01:16

Jenny, he was arrested, but became a police informant, so he kind of got off as I don't think they had any solid evidence against him.

jennymac Thu 05-Nov-09 16:35:11

Thanks Monadami - now I feel fully up to date!

Monty100 Fri 06-Nov-09 00:03:08

Jenny - I wasn't being facetious, I do watch Emmerdale, I didn't know all that happened, I must have missed a couple of episodes.

What happened at the bonfire? Did Sally set Laurel alight? Just saw bits.

Sally is evil right?

Monadami Fri 06-Nov-09 02:23:40

I'm not sure Sally set Laurel on fire, she just stood and watched as she burned and only stepped in to help when Marlon came on the scene.

I think Sally is being portrayed as a "single white female" character. She wants Laurel's life with Ashley and it seems the kids too. I expect she broke Edna's window too.

As for Marlon, I think he has the hots for the new Farmer's wife.

jennymac Fri 06-Nov-09 09:07:56

It's kind of annoying that no one even suspects Sally of being a psycho - anyway, who would put up with their husband's ex living in their house for weeks even if she had an abusive husband? Surely she has family! BTW - does anyone else think the new farmer is fit?!

Struths Fri 06-Nov-09 11:50:50

All the storylines are here if you need to catch up tv.sky.com/show/Emmerdale-Latest I sometimes feel like I've watched it just from reading these as they have so many pics!

Monty100 Fri 06-Nov-09 13:06:34

I think Sally is a psycho and the exh is covering for her and taking the blame and I do think she wants Laurel's life.

I can also sniff chemistry between Marlon and the new farmer's wife.

Bored with the blackmailing story line now.

Monadami Fri 06-Nov-09 18:25:46

Yes the new Farmer is fit. I think in real life he is married to that girl who plays Stacey in Gavin & Stacey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now