Talk

Advanced search

Ok who is voting for John and Edward??

(32 Posts)
VineGuyFawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 20:57:32

Stop it now, its not funny anymore hmm grin

differentGuyD Sun 01-Nov-09 20:59:16

I know- can we wish swine flu upon them all so they are incapable of voting for them next week?grin

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:19:16

Maybe wish swine flu on J & E, then we dont have to listen to them perform grin

gigglewitch Sun 01-Nov-09 21:21:02

it defo wasn't me

It looked hopeful for a minute tonight when they were last on the shelf - but no <sigh> and another perfectly decent singer went instead. again.

differentGuyD Sun 01-Nov-09 21:22:43

if they get SF they automatically get through!

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:24:51

Did anyone here vote for them then? i would love to know why if you are deranged hmm

My friend confessed that she voted for them twice last time. Her reason was that they are so bad it would be funny to see them win a record contract. Or something hmm

MuGGGhoulWump Sun 01-Nov-09 21:27:38

DD and I do because they are the act we like to watch the most.
Simples grin

SoWhat Sun 01-Nov-09 21:29:49

Anyone who wants to piss of Simon Cowell... and me!

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:30:12

What is it you like about them MuG? <genuine question>

Because it can't be their astounding singing voices

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:31:06

Ah so people are voting to piss off Simon Cowell?

MuGGGhoulWump Sun 01-Nov-09 21:32:36

They are entertaining.
I couldn't care less if they can sing or not, I watch the show to be entertained and they do that far more than tongue boy Danyl, even if he is the best singer

HerBewitcheditude Sun 01-Nov-09 21:36:36

One of Terry Wogan's TOG's e-mailed in last week and said she had and "I wasn't even sorry".

grin

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:37:02

oh i can't stand Danyl, but J & E are about as entertaining as watching a dog shitting in a field, and the owner scooping it up on a placcy bag

wannaBe Sun 01-Nov-09 21:37:21

it baffles me that people get so het up about this. Seriously.

I don't vote and I think they're bloody awful.

But I think it would be hillarious if they won.

Because they have been put through for entertainment value only, and the producers surely felt sure they wouldn't win. So I think the point needs to be made that if one doesn't want these acts to win, then one shouldn't put them through to the public vote.

In fact I started a thread weeks ago saying I thought they should win for that exact reason.

And fwiw it's not taking away anything from the other contestants, if any of them are any good Simon Cowell can still sign them and they can still become stars.

HerBewitcheditude Sun 01-Nov-09 21:39:12

Yes look at JLS

Curiousmama Sun 01-Nov-09 21:46:07

No but I don't vote. I joked to ds2 that I was so happy the lovely twins got through, thought he was going to hit me with a shoe he was so enraged...he detests them! He even made a poster on paintbox and I daren't tell you what he put. I told him that's not nice they're only young lads.
Shame about tonight but I knew he'd have got more votes from his girl fans. Shocked at Simon calling him Ollie! shock

VineGuyfawkesFeltMyTits Sun 01-Nov-09 21:48:25

Mind you, simon did say he would leave the country if they won

Ok lets all vote for them grin

I guess it would be hilarious if they won

wannaBe Sun 01-Nov-09 21:52:28

thing is, in all seriousness, why shouldn't they win?

No in our opinion they're crap singers, but are all the artists in the charts fabulously talented? I think not. And surely if a majority wants to see them win, then why shouldn't they?

HerBewitcheditude Sun 01-Nov-09 22:44:37

No but most of the artists in the charts can actually sing in tune grin

wannaBe Sun 01-Nov-09 22:54:02

it's amazing though what can be achieved in a studio. Have you ever heard the sugababes sing live for instance? Totally out of tune and off key and .. well... bloody awful tbh. but put them in a studio and they're not all that bad.

I bet if J&A were to go into a studio the result would be vastly different from what it is on stage.

Which is why so many of these "live" acts mime, because they're not that good live.

Ronaldinhio Sun 01-Nov-09 22:56:22

I am voted for John and Edward I made a call for every memeber of my hh including the dog

I love them

HerBewitcheditude Sun 01-Nov-09 22:58:25

Actually you're right. A friend of mine is a sound engineer and she says a "good studio band" is a crap band with a good sound engineer.

Ronaldinhio Sun 01-Nov-09 22:58:29

I have a picture of them on one of my desks

electra Sun 01-Nov-09 23:01:02

omg - they are scary

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now