Talk

Advanced search

The Armstrong and Miller Show. . .

(27 Posts)
GhostlyPixieOnaPumpkin Sat 31-Oct-09 12:30:15

The critics were all saying that last night's program was the worst this series, but I found it the funniest. Is this because there was a noticeable lack of bumsex, and the show was slightly more tame?
What did you think of it?

Sparkler Sat 31-Oct-09 12:41:38

Haven't watched last night's show yet - it's been recorded but DH and I love it. I have watched the clip with the teachers in the exam hall doing acrobatics behind the students over and over and it's just made me laugh so much. I wonder if my teachers did that years ago? hmm grin grin

cat64 Sat 31-Oct-09 12:46:42

Message withdrawn

CJCregg Sat 31-Oct-09 12:49:51

It made me laugh, and I think it was better that last week's. Some of the jokes are starting to grow - I love, love, love the ponytail sketches!

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 31-Oct-09 12:51:07

Well there was the sketch where the curly-headed dad went through a list of practices which would risk an STD. (Never heard of most of them, so presume made-up or poss I am incredibly naive blush).

stakethroughtheheartofgold Sat 31-Oct-09 12:51:50

i think the best plan is to google them wyli

elvislives Sat 31-Oct-09 12:55:13

I thought this series is getting a bit near the knuckle and not as funny as the previous one. [old gimmer emoticon]

ImSoNotTelling Sat 31-Oct-09 13:04:03

No NO googling them is the worstplan grin

ImSoNotTelling Sat 31-Oct-09 13:05:47

Ponytail is brilliant. Antique bloke who ruins everything v predictable - is that the joke? Bloke striding down corridor getting facts is good. Airmen talking teenage brilliant but not so good last night

Katisha Sat 31-Oct-09 13:06:01

But I did like the Cuffing Rpick song...

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 31-Oct-09 13:06:05

I am not going to google them. I googled "dragonbutter" and have never been the same since. grin

ImSoNotTelling Sat 31-Oct-09 13:07:59

Oh yes the singing duo are good too. Remind me of fry and laurie though, or that monty python one "isn't it rather nice to have a penis".

I don't feel it's overwhelmingly original but they are very likeable and the ponytail did make me LOL last night.

whereyouleftit don't google space docking whatever you do wink

WhereYouLeftIt Sat 31-Oct-09 13:13:49

I already have. Damn my curiosity ...

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 31-Oct-09 14:58:31

as did i shock

damn me for being nosey

i wont even ask how it is possible .....

back to A&M - thought show was ok, some funny bits

cheeseandeyeballsarnie Sat 31-Oct-09 15:00:09

i wasnt that amused but i love captain mac(which one is he again?) so watch it anyway.

TabithaWitches Sat 31-Oct-09 15:56:02

I thought last night's was really funny too, made me laugh out loud several times (although my favourite episode was the one with the Blue Peter style apologising sketches, and the people injuring themselves whilst advertising personal accident claim lines)

Jux Sat 31-Oct-09 16:06:03

Seemed pretty much the same to us. We really enjoy the show, though I do think it's a bit of a curate's egg. Would like to see more of the airmen. Some of the jokes grow on you. Like the Flanders and Swann stuff - remember the real show from my childhood (that's the singing duo btw!).

bambipie Sat 31-Oct-09 17:49:38

We like it. Favourites are the 'kill them' sketch (quite often say it now) the blue peter appologising one, airmen and the singers. Like the exam hall one too. I'm a teacher and we do play invilagation games but they aren't as fun! I think the antiques man is meant to be predictable. Good friday night non-brain-taxing stuff IMO.

PuppyMonkey Sat 31-Oct-09 17:53:46

The antiques man last night was the best one so far I think.... unravelling the priceless tapestry. grin

Would like to see more of the airmen this series, personally. Isn't it?

LilyBolero Sat 31-Oct-09 17:54:19

To anyone who hasn't realised about the singers, it is a take off of Flanders and Swann ( and a rather brilliant take-off).

Not 'a singing duo'.

LilyBolero Sat 31-Oct-09 17:54:37

To anyone who hasn't realised about the singers, it is a take off of Flanders and Swann ( and a rather brilliant take-off).

Not 'a singing duo'.

LilyBolero Sat 31-Oct-09 17:55:55

Flanders and Swann

Prunerz Sat 31-Oct-09 18:07:45

Curate's egg is a good way to describe it.

I LOVE the airmen but nothing will beat the first one I saw, where one of them loses a leg. "And you crashed your plane and mashed up some cows and shit"
or "I bought some really nice trousers in Camden..."

This series I am enjoying the man who always makes inappropriate admissions.

Katisha Sat 31-Oct-09 18:27:25

I think Flanders and Swann could reasonably be described as a "singing duo" surely?

LilyBolero Sat 31-Oct-09 18:33:26

They are 'the' singing duo smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now