Talk

Advanced search

Breastfeeding storyline on Emerdale

(5 Posts)
wintera Fri 30-Oct-09 19:24:20

Anyone else watching Emerdale? Nicola has been asked not to breast feed in the cafe by Viv. Some stuck up cow complained. I like that some one has tackled this. Seems to be a whole storyline about the fact Nicola is breastfeeding.

latestincarnation Fri 30-Oct-09 19:46:54

it was a bit clumsily done but she was shown feeding - without one of those silly cloths, just unbuttoning her shirt - at least they are trying!!

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 30-Oct-09 21:28:09

Message withdrawn

Beccatheboo Sat 31-Oct-09 09:35:54

I couldn't help feeling that one of the scriptwriters has been on Mumsnet - there's (quite rightly) always lots of complaints that soaps don't support breastfeeding. I liked the way that Rodney was not at all fazed by his daughter doing it in front of him. I also liked that Jimmy was discussing his feelings about it. I'm surprised there aren't more comments on here.

BoobBuffet Mon 02-Nov-09 17:00:44

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand it was great to show bf (and agree that it was fab that Nicola just did it with no fuss), but on the other - why does bf even need to have a special storyline or event??? Why can't it just be shown,as normal, with no comment surrounding it? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now