Talk

Advanced search

New series of Waterloo Rd starts tonight

(20 Posts)
Anjelika Wed 28-Oct-09 14:52:28

I thought the last series was the final one but it appears not!

simpson Wed 28-Oct-09 18:07:26

Ooh was just coming on here to start thread on this very topic grin

Apparently this series and next one are being run back to back but most of the good people will leave at the end of this one sad

MaryAnnSingleton Wed 28-Oct-09 18:13:33

hooray !!!!!

Pinner35 Wed 28-Oct-09 18:14:25

I love it but its not been the same since Jason Merrells (sp?) left. Neil Morrisey doesn't quite cut the eye-candy mustard for me

simpson Wed 28-Oct-09 18:16:03

maybe there is some more eye candy in it tonight <hopeful>

SameAsYou Wed 28-Oct-09 18:26:12

Tom Chambers is in it!!

paisleyleaf Wed 28-Oct-09 18:27:37

I hope it'll be good - I thought it all got a bit silly towards the end of the last series.

purpleturtle Wed 28-Oct-09 18:30:02

smile Thanks for the reminder - have seen the trailers, but not logged when it's actually on.

Will sky+ it I think, as ds2 snatched a nap in the car this afternoon and is unlikely to be abed before 9. hmm

simpson Wed 28-Oct-09 18:49:49

Tom Chambers will do grin

BlueFlotsam Wed 28-Oct-09 19:01:59

Yes.. Love this show. But nobody beats the original head.. Jack ?????? whatsisname??

I wish they would bring him back!!!!

littleweed Wed 28-Oct-09 20:10:56

isn't it illegal to have a deputy the same age as the pupils?

pleasechange Thu 29-Oct-09 08:09:01

So is Neil Morrisey not in it anymore?

GossipMonger Thu 29-Oct-09 08:29:54

ooh Tom Chambers is hot!

But I think he might be a baddie as it looks like he might have had a liaison with Helen the young teacher when she was underage so he will leave cos he will get found out!

GHOSTLYPRessenceofSES Thu 29-Oct-09 10:06:42

Just watching it as I sky+ed it.

Am I the only one that finds Tom Chambers a bit slimy?

I agree the original head was great and missed. Love Grantley - reckons he can say what he likes as he's not looking to progress.

Will Kim get a nice romance?

purpleturtle Thu 29-Oct-09 17:36:03

Saw an interview with Tom Chambers where he said he ended up hating his character. I can see why!

TeamAlesha Sun 08-Nov-09 10:30:09

Can anyone remember what happended at the end of the last series?

What happended to Neil Morrisey?

Why are there new pupils in different uniforms?

itchyandscratchy Sun 08-Nov-09 10:35:01

NM resigned and he and Rachel split up.

Another posh local school has merged with Waterloo Road and brought some new teachers in as well.

Tom Chambers is the executive head of 4 local schools but W'loo Road is being run soooo badly, he is going to spend most his time there.

Rachel feels undermined.

Tom Chambers (Max) has started shagging Kim.

The deputy head is new and I like him - can't remember what else he was in but it was somthing I really should remember.

I heart Waterloo Road; it's my guilty pleasure because I'm a teacher. I am loving being able to hmm to the tv and mutter 'Yeah cost thats'd happen', just like dh does at Holby City and my dad used to at London's Burning!

itchyandscratchy Sun 08-Nov-09 10:35:56

that'd

TeamAlesha Sun 08-Nov-09 10:37:13

Oh thank you, it's coming back to me now.

I think I can help you with the deputy head - he was in a brilliant drama a few years back called 'Burn it' (bbc3 then bbc2).

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 08-Nov-09 10:37:41

Here is the synopsis of what happened in the last episode of the last series.

There are kids in different uniforms as Waterloo road has merged with a private school in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now