Talk

Advanced search

I know it is bitchy but can Natalie from Strictly really claim to be a size 12?!

(19 Posts)
babybarrister Sat 24-Oct-09 22:01:34

lovely girl but I am thinking 14-16 on a good day?!

moffat Sat 24-Oct-09 22:03:38

I was also wondering about that.

ByThePowerOfGreyskull Sat 24-Oct-09 22:04:48

but she is about 5ft2 so a size 12 would look bigger on a shorter frame

Heated Sat 24-Oct-09 22:05:58

Was reading about David Cameron's wife and that spotty dress she wore at conference and she was described as a size 10. Thing is with clothes shops doing vanity sizing, it's not surprising people think they're smaller than they are.

LittleWhiteWereWolf Sun 25-Oct-09 08:25:49

I'm 5'5" and I'm a slim size 12...and thats after having a baby 15 weeks ago.
I dont think Natalie is a size 12, but I am disappointed if she feels the need to lie. The biggest I;ve been was a size 16 and I looked similar to Natalie.

TrickOrTrefusis Sun 25-Oct-09 08:37:31

In what context is she saying what size she is, anyway?

Bellsa Sun 25-Oct-09 08:40:41

I wondered about that, but I understand that people look bigger on tv? It's a shame if she was lying cos I was thinking she looked great and it was good to see someone who was not the average size 6-8 on that show.

GhoulsafraidofVirginiaWoolf Sun 25-Oct-09 08:46:15

Yes it's bitchy. I loved her dress. It's a pity she felt the need to "size" herself and a pity that anyone cares. The dance could have been a bit zingier tho (says a woman with two left feet)

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 25-Oct-09 09:10:23

i thought the same as soon as i heard that remark

i never watch sd but dh was channel hopping before x factor

she was in my mag saying she was a 16 but toning up (good for her)

but def wasnt a 12 there

sad she feels the need to lie sad

she will lose weight and tone up while doing sd, she is in thorey exercising for 8+hrs a day - just as lenitta dean did

but after it finishes the weight will come back on as she likes her food (like me)

just like it did after her dvd

ellipsis Sun 25-Oct-09 09:22:38

fgs do you know how skinny most of the women on telly are? I think it's perfectly possible she's a size 12.

LilyBolero Sun 25-Oct-09 09:24:20

I think it's entirely possible she is a 12 - tv adds 12-14 pounds, and most people you see on TV are tiny. Size 6-8 at the most. When you see costumes from tv dramas, they are minute.

thaliablogs Sun 25-Oct-09 09:55:53

Agree it's entirely possible, both because of the camera adding lbs and because she's so short.

CybilAviationAuthority Sun 25-Oct-09 09:58:49

How exactly does TV add 12-14 pounds? Not disagreeing, just curious.

In these days of High Definition where we are told everything as is true to life as can be, what makes folk bulk up just because they are being televised?

ellipsis Sun 25-Oct-09 10:01:42

It doesn't, we're just used to seeing tiny petite skinny women, on television, in films, in adverts. When we see real life 3D women we have different standards. If you really look at Natalie Cassidy she doesn't look fat at all. There's no flab. She's just not skin and bones.

nowwhatdoido Sun 25-Oct-09 10:02:37

Whatever size she is, she will always be an odd shape. Even when she did that fitness dvd and got down to a size 8, her body wasn't in proportion. So, it's really hard to say what size she is.

Emprexia Sun 25-Oct-09 10:08:39

considering most of the dancers and other women on there are size 8 or less... i'd say 12-14 was accurate.

Jujubean77 Sun 25-Oct-09 10:14:52

She has a very odd body shape. She probably can squeeze herself into an American 12 I suppose lol

The lens of the camera acts as a magnifying glass though. If you ever meet film actors they are always teeny.

hatesponge Sun 25-Oct-09 14:12:30

I think she is a large 12, or a 14 at most.

The costumes they wear are really only flattering if you are a size 8 or less - the professional dancers are all tiny.

She looks much thinner in the footage they show of them in training etc where she is wearing everyday clothes.

boundarybabe Sun 25-Oct-09 17:22:16

I keep thinking people on TV are fatter than they are, but then I remember I have a widescreen telly.

Tell you what though, it makes exercise dvds seem much less scary!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now