Talk

Advanced search

Come Outside - the poo one

(12 Posts)
Pinkjenny Fri 23-Oct-09 09:33:50

I know there have been threads on this before, but why, why, why? Why do they find it so fascinating?

We have had it on bloody loop since it was on this week, and I can categorically say it was not the ideal accompaniment to breakfast.

Grim.

dexter73 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:38:07

This thread has made me laugh! My dd, now 12, used to love that episode too and I bought a video of Come Outside from the BBC shop. I can't believe it is still going!

teameric Fri 23-Oct-09 09:42:18

This is an old episode, can't believe they still show it! remember when I watched it with my DS (now 10) and just thought WTF! ugh.

DorotheaPlentighoul Fri 23-Oct-09 09:43:37

Is that the one where they go to a sewage plant? ROFL

Pinkjenny Fri 23-Oct-09 09:45:04

Yes, it was on this week. It's bloody disgusting. I just don't need to know that level of information, and the bit where she walks through the sewer, talking about poo and wee, just makes me nauseous.

Dd, who is not generally a lover of toilet humour, just can't get enough.

ArghhhhmazingBouncingSpider Fri 23-Oct-09 09:47:41

Ohhh my DS loves that episode, well he loves pretty much every episode of Come Outside. But the poo one is especially entertaining in his opinion! grin

Jujubean77 Fri 23-Oct-09 09:48:14

Oh DD LOVES that one. We had it on one day and her 19 YO SB came in and said "OMG I remember this, is this the one with his fake poo?" He was 4 when he watched it...

Sticks in the mind that episode methinks grin

DorotheaPlentighoul Fri 23-Oct-09 09:53:42

I just recall being like shock when I switched it on halfway through. Recall Auntie Mabel saying to camera "And now you know all about sewage. And I think it's time for a cup of tea" or words to that effect.

You have to hand it to her though, she's a real old-skool trouper. You wouldn't catch any of today's young flibbertigibbet actresses strolling so gracefully along a walkway over flowing sewage with totally unruffled smiles.

Pinkjenny Fri 23-Oct-09 10:05:59

Wearing a full suit to protect them from "germs and diseases". It's where she's walking through the sewer, and you can actually see all the poo floating past her. It's just revolting.

Picture the scene this morning: Dd and I eating our breakfast together on the sofa, all cosy with our blanket.

Dd: Mummy, look at the pooey.
PJ: Yes, dd, mmm, how interesting (whilst desperately trying to immerse myself in the Blooming Marvellous catalogue).

Jujubean77 Fri 23-Oct-09 10:35:30

and that sewage cake "Not the kind of cake for eating!"
heave

MaryAmericanSmooth Fri 23-Oct-09 10:38:35

ds now 12 also loved that episode !!

Pinkjenny Fri 23-Oct-09 13:54:52

And I thought the one where she loses Pippin at the landfill site was traumatic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now