Talk

Advanced search

Holby - things I don't understand about that two parter they just did

(19 Posts)
TspookyChasm Wed 21-Oct-09 21:57:30

Why the big palavar about the saline bag? Is saline very dangerous?

Why don't Faye's eyebrows move?

Why the big palavar about Faye changing the bag? By Holby standards that barely registers considering the secret operations that doctors have carried out on their own families/pets/pigs hearts etc in the past.

Faye's eyebrows.

When when will we ever know the full story about Faye? What has she done?? TELL US??!

Eyebrows.

How come Maria is up and about so fast? She'll be running the London Marathon by next week at this rate.

What was that jacket Michael Spence was wearing? I thought he had a tape measure round his neck ala 'Are You Being Served'.

Eyebrows.

Who are the extras they always wheel in at their meetings and how can I get a job as one? It looks great. You turn up. Mill about and eat loads of sarnies and drink wine. I could do that.

<E/brows>

NigellaTufnel Wed 21-Oct-09 22:01:33

Lesley Ash's face...

TspookyChasm Wed 21-Oct-09 22:06:10

Yes that's starting to rival the EB's.

FimboFortunaFeet Wed 21-Oct-09 23:35:15

Nope don't understand what the saline problem is all about.

God is this something else for them to drag out about Faye and Joseph. Jac then said poor Joseph before adding and Faye, and did her doe eyed look, more affairs of the heart? Arrrgh

Maria is a walking marvel, her and Mark nail a killer, she manages to find a dying person's estranged mother in about half an hour, all from a hospital bed.

Presumably Chrissie is still going to be up the duff by Valentine after the meaningful camera shot of her tossing away the pg test. She is pg in rl.

And I watch this crappola every week without fail <<needs to get a life>>

scrambledhead Thu 22-Oct-09 19:23:53

I guess Chrissie was expecting twins and has lost just one.

Bring back Zuben I say ...

Hulababy Thu 22-Oct-09 19:33:24

It wasn't saline int he bag was it though? Wasn't there a mix up int he first prt where two bags got accidently mixed up - the other with (pottasium??? or something anyway) in. The nurse who was there picked the labels up and didn't know which went with which - assuming got it wrong.

GinnytheWitch Thu 22-Oct-09 19:37:35

Anton Meyer would sort them all out! And be able to perform life saving operation on the eyebrows.

(really really need to get a life...)

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 24-Oct-09 13:24:37

it was the nurses fault

she put the paper with names on wrong bags(they fell on floor when male nusre went to help)

so it wasnt saline that went to poor archie

maybe they will do an autopsy and find out

AuntieMaggie Sat 24-Oct-09 13:30:19

they put the drugs in the saline and i think they're worried that she tampered with the saline before giving it to him

JeffVadar Sat 24-Oct-09 17:59:37

Aaaaah! Anton Meyer...

<<swoons>>

He would never have put up with Faye's eyebrows.

lou031205 Sat 24-Oct-09 19:12:42

Nursey dropped the paper on the floor. One had an antibiotic (for Archie) and one had potassium (for murderer). Archie had already had potassium that morning, so the potassium in the bag would kill him.

Faye saw the saline running out, and swapped it for a new one (reflex, being a nurse), but then Archie died because of the potassium.

Nursey had heard Faye saying she could end it all for Archie earlier, so to cover herself, makes big deal about saline.

FlyingMonkey Sat 24-Oct-09 21:10:47

Anton Meyer could have put Connie Beauchamp back in her box... "I could have made a better incision with a lawnmower".

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 25-Oct-09 09:07:06

so as bags got swapped what happened to the patient with the other bag

they got saline instead of their drugs

so surely would be in a bad way as well?

no one has said anything about that?

miniandme Sun 25-Oct-09 09:10:42

Archie had potassium in his first bag and the murderer would have gotten his antibiotics,then when that bag ran out Faye out up a new bag of just saline which she took from the fridge so really if they watched the cctv properly they would see just that !!! Saline comes in a sealed packet and she just opened the packet and hung it !!

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 25-Oct-09 09:16:42

i thought faye took the bag from counter top (where nurse had mixed the labels up)

lou031205 Sun 25-Oct-09 20:32:20

No, the other patient got antibiotics - only a big deal if you were allergic.

But Faye definitely took the bag from the fridge. Which is odd, because Saline is not refrigerated. But they don't get tiny details like ECG placement right, or oxygen masks, so things like saline being in the fridge should be expected grin

GhostlyPixieOnaPumpkin Mon 26-Oct-09 14:08:54

What's wrong with oxygen masks?

TspookyChasm Mon 26-Oct-09 14:16:02

Ahhh so it was the nurses error. I thought she was looking a bit fumbly about what she was doing but couldn't work out the significance.

lou031205 Mon 26-Oct-09 14:40:33

They put on non-rebreathe masks (the ones with a bag on the end) without expanding them first. They say x is struggling to breathe, but don't give them oxygen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now