Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone else watching the 'on the breadline' programme ??

(98 Posts)
MrsMorgan Tue 20-Oct-09 21:19:00

Why is that whenever they feature a lone parent in a programme like this, they always have to have loads of kids, messy houses and generally look and behave excatly how most people percieve lone parents to be ??

It is so annoying.

Heated Tue 20-Oct-09 21:20:50

Looking at it because it's set in Leeds & has the Sheriff of Nottingham in it, but it hasn't really got going yet.

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:21:46

It amazes me that they can afford to smoke in excess of 40 cigarettes a day.

MrsMorgan Tue 20-Oct-09 21:23:53

Yes, afford to smoke but not afford sheets for their beds. You can get bedding dirt cheap from Primark, so there is no excuse.

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:27:57

£48.00 on bingo 3 x times a week and THEN a buffet meal 3 x times a weeks 17.70. Blimey

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:29:24

OMG how come she didn't even ATTEMPT to do the washing up before KA arrived.

MakemineaGandT Tue 20-Oct-09 21:41:05

why has Trinny just emptied the comode down the kitchen sink????/ Why not the loo FGS?!!!!!!

EURGH!!!!

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:41:37

I know, glad is wasn't a no 2

CarGirl Tue 20-Oct-09 21:43:00

I saw an interview with Lily Allen's Dad this morning. He was saying that all the cigs & alcohol is cheap illegal imports.

MakemineaGandT Tue 20-Oct-09 21:44:00

I am finding this very depressing viewing TBH. I can see the celebs being v nice and biting their tongues when all they want to say really is

- eat proper food
- eat together
- talk to each other
- keep your house clean
- get an education
- get some motivation to DO something

etc etc etc

I would hate to live like that but I also know that I wouldn't. There are always choices and opportunities

So flame me.....

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:44:05

Even so, it must still cost quite a big. But then again I don't smoke so I have no idea of the import prices.

Jajas Tue 20-Oct-09 21:45:45

I thought that about the comode too shock! Couldn't BELIEVE Trinny emptied it down the kitchen sink shock shock!!

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:46:56

Gets better, laptop AND Betting

Heated Tue 20-Oct-09 21:47:38

Well, if the woman only has an upstairs toilet, it's what she does.

CarGirl Tue 20-Oct-09 21:48:25

He was also saying that the UK is not that great non third world country we think it is because so many people do live in this kind of poverty.

Where I live (on a small council estate) there are small pockets of poverty and I think that is completely different to living in an area with huge unemployment and massive council estates with most of them living in poverty.

It's so different coping with poverty in the short term to year upon year upon year upon year, it can just drag people down until they can't see there is a point to being motivated etc.

Heated Tue 20-Oct-09 21:48:50

Mel's got a natural rapport with nearly everyone.

MakemineaGandT Tue 20-Oct-09 21:50:32

the betting lady who is so disabled she is unable to get to the toilet at home seems remarkably able to tramp about town finding places to bet at and play bingo in......

and she says she is "ashamed" of the £30k debt she built up and which was written off when she was declared bankrupt. She doesn't seem very ashamed to me.

MrsMorgan Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:01

Lol I knew someone would comment on the laptop.

I am a single paent on benefits, and I have a laptop, I saved up for it, but I know that alot of people think that if you are on benefits then you shouldn't be able to save for anything or buy anything that isn't absolutly essential.

The thing i don't get, is when they have a laptop, smoke etc and they are living in such filthy conditions.

MakemineaGandT Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:31

no Heated, she said it's her ex-h's job to empty it, not her job (so presumably he takes it up to the loo?)

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:51:49

Not seen that much of Austin.

MrsMorgan Tue 20-Oct-09 21:52:10

I don't see the point of mel sorting gym membership for that mum. Even if it is free, if she has to pay to get there, then she won't stick to it.

Lilyloooohhhh Tue 20-Oct-09 21:53:17

It's not really living their life when you can blag free gym memberships though

MrsMorgan Tue 20-Oct-09 21:53:18

Oh is the gym membership for the lad ?? I stand corrected.

MakemineaGandT Tue 20-Oct-09 21:53:59

exactly MrsMorgan - it isn't the laptop - why the hell shouldn't she have one? It's the savage way of living they have eg accepting living with rats rather than just cleaning up the rotting food about the place etc etc etc

Lovemyshoes Tue 20-Oct-09 21:54:07

I agree with the filthy conditions. You can get a bottle of washing up liquid and some salt for a quid and they are one of the best cleaners going.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now