Talk

Advanced search

Family lives 1970s life - Electric Dreams

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 13-Oct-09 16:06:20

I have just watched the first 2 episodes of this on iplayer and thought it was great. The next episode is on BBC4 tonight - it seemed like a really interesting series. Would recommend a watch. The general idea is a family lives a life from the 1970s up until the year 2000 (they advance one year per day) and as well as living with the technology of the time they even redecorated their house, which is quite entertaining.

EccentricaGallumbats Tue 13-Oct-09 16:07:50

i saw the 1980s one last week. v good and got some good flashbacks. shouting 'I had that' at the TV.

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Tue 13-Oct-09 16:09:17

I have STILL got a BBC computer, with disk drive, games, instructions. Do you think its worth anything? grin

MaureenMLove Tue 13-Oct-09 18:26:01

Aw, thanks for that! I've just watched them both!! Brilliant and full of memories!

Good job I'm in 2009 though and have a freezer and a microwave!!! I forgot it was dinner time and had to make a quick change to dinner plans! grin

southeastastra Tue 13-Oct-09 18:28:58

it's good but the mother really loves a moan.

also the 80s said that women weren't as interested as men in technology which i though was a bit hmm

southeastastra Tue 13-Oct-09 18:29:40

i have an apple mac se fruit, i think it's worth about 20p grin

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 14-Oct-09 15:28:56

dh and i have seen the first 2 70+ 80'@ and will watch final one tonight

all through last weeks, dh and i were we had that, i had one of those etc etc - great watchingsmile

the dad gave everything a try with good grace - mum seemed a bit grumpy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now