Talk

Advanced search

am really warming to Danni on x factor

(104 Posts)
NyeEve Sat 10-Oct-09 20:44:28

and that dress and hair are fab! much nicer than CC.
and typical crap when they argued about hte strippers
of coURSE they are jealous hmm

Marioandluigi Sat 10-Oct-09 22:32:05

Bet you have had a change of heart now wink

RubyBooBerry Sat 10-Oct-09 22:35:49

Cheryl Cole looked beautiful - how does she do it? Danni was out of order with that comment about Danyl

amandamacg Sat 10-Oct-09 22:48:56

I was thinking the same, thought Danni was looking lovely, etc. Ruined it all with that bitchy, homophobic comment about Danyl, some apologising to do, methinks.

colditz Sat 10-Oct-09 22:49:40

her eyeballs look painted on.

wannaBe Sat 10-Oct-09 22:55:44

she was totally out of order.

Will be surprised if she survives.

llaregguBOO Sat 10-Oct-09 22:56:17

I think it was an ill-judged comment but I really don't think Dannii is homophobic. I think she meant it in a "be who you are" kind of way but it came out badly. It is a live show and usually the judges trot out the same cliches week in, week out. I think Dannii tried to up her game and it has backfired spectacularly.

Megglevache Sat 10-Oct-09 23:00:18

Of course she isn't homophobic, that's a silly thing to say.

I think she wanted to say something controversial and it did backfire- did you see how she was shaking when she was asked to repeat what she had said [cringe]

I think she is looking the best she ever has- she's even given the botox a rest and looks so much better for it.

She will so not get sacked. Wait for the column inches...

cha ching!

weebump Sat 10-Oct-09 23:01:56

Yes, I agree, she wasn't being homophobic or bitchy, just incredibly thoughtless and stupid. Why should it matter whether he sings 'he' or 'she' or whatever. I think she tried to be cheeky and edgy but it dropped like a rock.

UnquietDad Sat 10-Oct-09 23:02:10

Ruby - Cole arrives at the studio looking dishevelled and haggard, strips off and enters The Machine. It is like a big upright sarcophagus plugged into various cables and wires, and tubes filled with glutinous liquids. It glows, vibrates and hums, while playing "Love Machine" and "Fight For This Love" on a loop. Then after about an hour it opens in a blaze of white light and steam, and she emerges, glossy, coiffed and poured into new clothes. All she then needs is for the intelligence-sim-card to be clicked into place in the back of her neck. Some nights they forget this bit and nobody notices.

llaregguBOO Sat 10-Oct-09 23:04:14

Actually, I do think that Cheryl is better this year. She seems more confident and at ease giving her comments at the end. She clearly isn't the most articulate live performer, but she's better.

I agree that Dannii is looking pretty good. I'd be happy to look like her!

UnquietDad Sat 10-Oct-09 23:05:42

She did use the word "authenticity". That's 5 syllables! Obviously had the card in the slot tonight!

Megglevache Sat 10-Oct-09 23:08:17

I think they ladies were right to slap off Kannddiii rain you know.

It was a bit titty- bang-bang.

wannaBe Sat 10-Oct-09 23:09:16

I think it was intended to be bitchy. Maybe not homophobic but definitely bitchy.

JodieO Sat 10-Oct-09 23:11:27

I agree with WannaBe, I don't think she meant it in a thoughtless way and I hope it doesn't get attributed to that. The smug look on her face when she said it for the second time tells me that.

Ronaldinhio Sat 10-Oct-09 23:12:08

I like Dannii and can't stand Danyl's over acted stage school performances

Personally surprised he's ever had a sex life and I don't think that what she said was bad...he's out and proud..she was just non sensical

I was surprised by some of the other comments this week and felt they were as inappropriate as anything said by Dannii

Nancy66 Sat 10-Oct-09 23:57:19

I think Danni's comments were in bad taste - wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of apology tomorrow.

TheOozingPusOfSeptimusSquelch Sun 11-Oct-09 00:03:24

UQD: Hilarious grin... and spot on.

I could do with A Machine of my own

tiredsville Sun 11-Oct-09 00:05:21

*She did use the word "authenticity". That's 5 syllables! Obviously had the card in the slot tonight!*

Yes, she caught me off guard when she fired out the word 'authenticity'. Completely blew me away.

*Personally surprised he's ever had a sex life and I don't think that what she said was bad...he's out and proud..*

He didn't look 'out and proud' to me, infact I thought he looked visibly shaken and upset with getting feedback back on his sex life when he should be getting feedback on his singing abilities.
Somehow, I can't imagine Danni making a similar comment to Elton John. I think she didn't like Daniel him and that's why she got personal.

KiwiKat Sun 11-Oct-09 00:10:08

I think she misjudged it really badly.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 11-Oct-09 00:12:39

I have just finished watching it on Sky Plus - think the comment came across really badly and was uncalled for. I dont think it matters about his sexuality, and it was a bit (imo) bad tate to bring it up.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Sun 11-Oct-09 00:12:56

taste, dammit.
sorry, cant spell.

AuntieMaggie Sun 11-Oct-09 00:14:12

Completely bitchy comment - confirmed by her smugness when she repeated it to Simon. That kind of comment could get you sacked in a corporate organisation and I think Simon was right to pull her up on it.

Ronaldinhio Sun 11-Oct-09 00:20:46

I was surprised, don't get me wrong but I thought he was fairly open about it???

still not the right thing to do but I thought Simon seemed mental this evening as well
all that, bookends, I don't know your name commenting on the first girls make up etc seemed out of place as well

the judges comments seemed weird and quite harsh overall I thought

BiteOfFun Sun 11-Oct-09 00:29:40

I doubt she is homophobic- she has grown up in showbiz afterall. But she dropped a real clanger there, and should apologize and clarify things. It was probably meant differently to how it came out, but it was spectacularly ill-judged.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now