Talk

Advanced search

Isn't Lacy Turner (Stacey Slater) a wonderfull actress.

(22 Posts)
Arsed Fri 09-Oct-09 20:13:52

I am so moved by her performance, she's billiant.

mananny Fri 09-Oct-09 21:06:21

Totally amazing actress, better than half of Hollywood atm.

Chickenshavenolips Fri 09-Oct-09 21:08:53

I was watching tonight thinking the same thing.

CakeandFineWine Fri 09-Oct-09 21:17:23

I watched tonight for the first time in years as a mental health professional who has been involved in sectioning people expecting to go "oh what a load of shit"

Actually she did a bloody brilliant job only one tiny criticism from here!

forehead Sat 10-Oct-09 16:44:32

She is one of the best actors on tv. Fantastic performance. We must remember however, that she has been given some really good storylines.

princessmel Sat 10-Oct-09 16:48:50

Totally agree, dh an I both said the same thing this week.

mananny Sat 10-Oct-09 21:26:19

Forehead, the reason she's been given them is because she's so talented and can totally handle them... unlike Sam Mitchell who I'm sorry to say ought to crawl back under the rock she just emerged from...

FABIsInTraining Sat 10-Oct-09 21:28:54

CAFW - what is your small criticism?

madusa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:45:31

she is amazing

MaryAmericanSmooth Sun 11-Oct-09 15:46:57

agree absolutely - as is the woman who plays her mum

madusa Sun 11-Oct-09 15:53:07

how many of you didn't cry?

I have to admit, it did make me cry

MarkStretch Sun 11-Oct-09 15:55:06

I cried. And texted my friend to see if she was crying. She was.

misdee Sun 11-Oct-09 16:01:27

i have found stacey and her mums storylines earlier in the year very moving.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 11-Oct-09 16:04:35

a fantastic actress

candyfluff Sun 11-Oct-09 16:25:23

she is fab i agree

PoppyIsApain Sun 11-Oct-09 16:40:19

She is brill. they handled her scenes getting taken away very well, i hope bradley doesnt get on the plane smile

CakeandFineWine Sun 11-Oct-09 21:21:00

FABisintraining the bit where she started saying she had seen her baby etc, prob more because I've recently MC rather than the plot itself.

worley Sun 11-Oct-09 21:27:02

i was thinking that this afternoon as i watched the end too. and her mum also.

FABIsInTraining Mon 12-Oct-09 07:21:12

CAFW - I am sorry for your mc. I have had 2 and it is so painful. However, I do think it is possible she thinks she has seen her child so wouldn't see it as something unrealistic in the storyline.

kizzie Mon 12-Oct-09 12:38:15

I thought her portrayal of the anxiety, depression and paranoia was absolutely incredible. Really did the subject justice. Agree the actress who plays her mum is very good too.

Monadami Tue 13-Oct-09 10:07:53

Yes she has portrayed a Bi Polar sufferer very well. I wonder how she copes when she's off screen, it can't be eas to just switch off the character's trauma and suffering.

I remember many years ago, when I lived at the YWCA, there were 2 women on 2 separate ocassions who behaved in exactly the same way as Stacey. At the time we didn't really appreciate the nature of their illness and just thought they were "nutters" and steered clear of them.

I think such storylines help people who are ignorant about mental illness understand and sympathise with people who have this terrible condition.

RamblingRosa Thu 15-Oct-09 12:19:38

I LOVE Stacey. I always have. Every since she first started as a cheeky scamp trying to snog Gary Hobbs (do you remember that?). I think the Max and Stacey storyline was one of the best ever.

I don't know enough about bi-polar to know if she's doing an accurate job of portraying it but she is an absolutely amazing actress and it seems pretty convincing to me.

Give the girl an Oscar.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now